1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Skinny guys

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackplatano, Sep 23, 2006.

1. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Well-Known Member

my ideal body type is that of a swimmers build -- not skinny but not overly huge. toned, slightly exaggerated v-shape torso -- but thats just my personal taste

models julien hedquist and will chalker (whose slighty bigger) have always had the ideal proportion in my mind.

2. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

Yeah, wiry is good. I also like "slim".
    emaciated
    is cute. i like when someone asks if i have AIDS.

3. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Well-Known Member

Yeah but you all have entire stores dedicated to you if you are a larger person. We don't have "Short n' Skinny" stores [​IMG]
    The problem with Big & Tall stores is that they're generally more for the big-all-over guy than the tall. I'm fairly skinny for a tall guy and there's almost nothing in those stores that fits right.

4. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I think Gaunts were zombies that ate corpses, if my recollection from the D&D days holds true.

5. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

emaciated is cute. i like when someone asks if i have AIDS.

Yeah, my sisters used to exclaim, "Hey, where'd he go?" when I turned sideways. Clever, girls.

6. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

i like when someone asks if i have AIDS.
    Me too, that's when you know you only have a few more pounds to lose.[​IMG]

7. Nil

Nil Well-Known Member

^^^^^

I actually have a very skinny friend (around 6'2" and 135 lbs.) that used to screw with people by grabbing the skin on his stomach and loudly proclaiming "God, I'm so fat!" Now I'm not necessarily saying making fun of eating disorders is funny, but in this case it definitely was.

8. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

When I'm in stores, I tend to try to follow Asian guys around. A lot of them are nicely dressed, and share my stature. Still, that didn't work out well, because the ones I've watched never find anything either lol

I thought maybe you were going to say it didn't work out because you came off as some weird skinny-asian stalker type[​IMG]

Having always been tall and skinny, I have no experience at anything else. However, I always assumed that it would be tougher to look good in clothes if you are short and heavy, so perhaps that is why more of us are interested in them.

9. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

^^^^^

I actually have a very skinny friend (around 6'2" and 135 lbs.) that used to screw with people by grabbing the skin on his stomach and loudly proclaiming "God, I'm so fat!" Now I'm not necessarily saying making fun of eating disorders is funny, but in this case it definitely was.

[​IMG]

10. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

When I'm in stores, I tend to try to follow Asian guys around. A lot of them are nicely dressed, and share my stature. Still, that didn't work out well, because the ones I've watched never find anything either lol

Rice Queen [​IMG]

11. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

skinny seems to work for many types of jeans..i am not skinny tho. 160 @ 5'6". hitting the gym to hit above 180 (sometime, sometime)

12. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

Now I'm not necessarily saying making fun of eating disorders is funny, but in this case it definitely was.
    Oh c'mon, there's NOTHING funnier than an eating disorder!![​IMG]

13. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

I'm not tall and skinny, I'm short and skinny. And when I want play, it's the Asian girls I follow around, thanks. (or any girl with a big...ok nevermind)

14. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

This Is Seti Alpha 5!!!!

15. Max

Max Well-Known Member

As someone who is on the large side of the medium/large range (5'11", 195), you skinny types should count your blessings. Go buy some size 27 jeans at H&M.

16. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

I'm not tall and skinny, I'm short and skinny. And when I want play, it's the Asian girls I follow around, thanks. (or any girl with a big...ok nevermind)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfHqv...elated&search=

Is this what you meant?