1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Size 40R █ NWT Raffaele Caruso Mainline Sportcoat █ Grail Grey Wool HOPSACK / FRESCO with FULL CANVA

Discussion in '2011-2017 Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Nov 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Up for sale is an incredible NWT Raffaele Caruso mainline sportcoat. Size 40R US. Full canvas construction. Grail grey wool "hopsack" / "fresco" open weave fabric.

Raffaele Caruso needs little introduction here. One of the best suit/sportcoat makers out there. Full canvas construction. They make jackets for Ralph Lauren Purple Label.

This sportcoat is about as "Holy Grail" as it gets for grey sportcoats. Very SF-approved. It features soft shoulders, a 3-roll-2 button stance, and patch pockets. And the icing on the cake is the exquisite hopsack/fresco weave fabric. The texture on this is awesome. It's a very casual open weave that is sought after by many SF members.

I originally bought this jacket for myself but have enough grey sportcoats in my collection. It is still new with tags. Had the sleeves shortened by a tailor before I decided I didn't want it. Can easily be let out again by a tailor.

My loss is your gain!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have excellent feedback here

$449 shipped CONUS
    I will ship to the rest of the world at cost. Please add $15 for shipping to the rest of the world (countries that are not the US or Canada).

As is implied with all SF classified listings, the sale is final. Sold as is.

First one to pay gets the item.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Made in Italy by Raffaele Caruso mainline
    -Full canvas construction
    -Slim cut
    -Three-roll-two button stance jacket
    -Grey "hopsack" / "fresco" open weave outer fabric (100% wool)
    -Double vented jacket
    -Jacket quarter lined with bemberg cupro
    -Slim cut with great trim waist
    -Will generally need little or no alterations off the rack
    -Genuine Mother of Pearl buttons

Shoulders: 18.25
    Chest pit to pit: 21
    Sleeve from seam to cuff: 24.75 (with material to let out)
    Length from base of collar: 30

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  2. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

A nice grey sportcoat combo. Looks great with tan pants

As worn by Cary Grant in To Catch a Thief, and RFK, among others

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  3. razl

razl Well-Known Member

4. wsupjs

wsupjs Well-Known Member

Bump for a really good deal!

That combo is going to be really tough to beat for someone that needs a grey sport coat.

5. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.