• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I'm working and posting on almost completely opposite hours from a few weeks ago, but the lag problem lately has been great. I haven't noticed any major blackouts for a while.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Maybe it's because I'm working and posting on almost completely opposite hours from a few weeks ago, but the lag problem lately has been great. I haven't noticed any major blackouts for a while.
Shhhhhhh...

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
How much longer do we have to abide that MASSIVE banner at the top of the homepage? I can't see all the subfora above the fold on my laptop screen, even on my big 19" work screen when my browser is set to a reasonable size.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
How much longer do we have to abide that MASSIVE banner at the top of the homepage? I can't see all the subfora above the fold on my laptop screen, even on my big 19" work screen when my browser is set to a reasonable size.

The frontpage banner and the link to the frontpage forum take up about 80% of my laptop screen, which I always find amusing when I see that on average about two people are viewing that forum.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
The frontpage banner and the link to the frontpage forum take up about 80% of my laptop screen, which I always find amusing when I see that on average about two people are viewing that forum.

Maybe it's a conspiracy by the mods to make us all change over to 27" iMacs. [/tokyoslimtrolling]

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
the internet's funny like that. sooner or later people just seem to snap.

Originally Posted by EL72
Looooooong time coming for Tomasso. He wasn't nearly as aggressive back in the Ask Andy days but for the last couple of years it's like he was exclusively posting to troll Manton.

I guess I haven't been around enough to notice a trend - except for his derision of many people, including Manton. Interesting how all of this works with you mods.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
laugh.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I think Kent Money should really get put in time out for ******** up the WAYWT discussion thread. Sure he contributes fits but most of what he posts are point by point responses to everything he perceives as a personal attack against him (which seems to be almost every post referencing him).

The onus shouldn't be on other posters to put him on ignore because it still takes some effort to sift through that crap, and you have to be exposed to that inane trash at least once before you think of doing so (once is probably more than enough) so for the intellectual health of our discussions, he really deserves some reprimanding. I believe other posters have been timed out for similar reasons, so there's precedent, and to me this is a lot more offensive and forum-crapping than those fools bumping FS threads for $5 price drops on a $200 item.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^ I don't know what the issue is on that thread, but its become tedious to sift through pages and pages of replies, answers, rhetorics, etc.. instead of a waywt post on a waywt thread.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
^ I don't know what the issue is on that thread, but its become tedious to sift through pages and pages of replies, answers, rhetorics, etc.. instead of a waywt post on a waywt thread.

I don't even know how it started, it's just his behavior in general. He's convinced he has thousands of non-posting fans and whenever someone mentions him in a post, he feels compelled to post back a petty response that has nothing to do with actual waywt discussion. It's the internet equivalent of loving the sound of your own voice.

And this is after he demonstrated that he was completely shot in the brain by spouting nonsense about eagles and peacocks and **** (see magician) and I don't even remember what thread that was in.

dibadiba

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The discussion thread is brutal. Some people think posting here is a right, not a privelage, and have been taking full advantage of it to post crap all over the place

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
I guess I haven't been around enough to notice a trend - except for his derision of many people, including Manton. Interesting how all of this works with you mods.

the eventually they all snap thing was something J said to me when I was first given the keys to the place, and was surprised at the banning of someone who had been around for a while. One of those dudes who had always been lowkey and likeable, and then went off the ******* deepend. I was kinda like 'sad to see that', J, who not only had the keys from day 1, but was the dude who fitted the locks, was like 'get used to it, once in a while people just seem to snap'. He was right.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
the eventually they all snap thing was something J said to me when I was first given the keys to the place, and was surprised at the banning of someone who had been around for a while. One of those dudes who had always been lowkey and likeable, and then went off the ******* deepend. I was kinda like 'sad to see that', J, who not only had the keys from day 1, but was the dude who fitted the locks, was like 'get used to it, once in a while people just seem to snap'. He was right.

Yeah, I remember when Fadetoblack snapped - it was a WTF? moment.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS

Why do people troll Manton so much? I just don't get it?
frown.gif
. Is it the weak (or rising powers) challenging the hegemon?

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Why do people troll Manton so much? I just don't get it?
frown.gif
. Is it the weak (or rising powers) challenging the hegemon?

I did actually wonder, half-seriously, if Manton is a surrogate father figure to some folks here to take out their angst on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads