1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

^
    W
    T
    F
    ?

Let me re-phrase that...

WTF????

How'd he get access to Squirrel Land?

that was why he was banned once.

He learned inadvertently that timed out users could view squirrel - some weird little hole in the settings that J closed a day or so later. When the time out ended, he posted weird little nuggets of squirrel miscellanea around the place - just a few words here and there that made us go 'how the hell did he know that'...we worked it out, and banned him. Horace too IIRC.

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I've seen into the abyss as well.

3. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

He learned inadvertently that timed out users could view squirrel - some weird little hole in the settings that J closed a day or so later. When the time out ended, he posted weird little nuggets of squirrel miscellanea around the place - just a few words here and there that made us go 'how the hell did he know that'...we worked it out, and banned him. Horace too IIRC.

What and idiot. Whomever we're talking about here had unlimited access to buried nuts and then blabbed about it? Foo-well.

4. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

What and idiot. Whomever we're talking about here had unlimited access to buried nuts and then blabbed about it? Foo-well.

Dude should have copied everything down

5. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks that's funny?

6. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Since there's a little down moment in this thread, I thought I'd ask a question that I'm sure was answered before but... why again can't we get a "reply all" function in the PM system?

7. whacked

whacked Well-Known Member

Since there's a little down moment in this thread, I thought I'd ask a question that I'm sure was answered before but... why again can't we get a "reply all" function in the PM system?

Stop the gossip!!!

8. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Stop the gossip!!!

You didn't get the PMs?? You must have been dropped off the inner circle PM distribution list... cause there's no "reply all" function

9. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Well-Known Member

This reaccount is only, 1/2 correct . An informant was also, involved who forever since will , wear the label of traitor , in secret shame.

10. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

11. j

j Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

12. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

It will have to do I guess.

Can Fran get away with that?

13. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

It will have to do I guess.

Can Fran get away with that?

Here's to trying, rhymes with dying.

14. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^Just came in here to post about that. Ban quick.

16. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

I kindly request that FNB be allowed to return to Style Forum.

17. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I kindly request that FNB be allowed to return to Style Forum.

He is not lost, you know. I know where you can find him if you miss him so much. I suspect that you know too, but don't want to go and play with him there. I can understand that. What I can't understand is why someone who won't go and play with him there nonetheless insists that he be allowed to bring his special brand of bile here.

18. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Okay, all that other stuff was cool, but I'm gonna have to pull rank on you here and lay down the kibosh. The answer is no. If anything, he is underrated.

I can't like him after his tactless loss to Shogun.

19. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

He is not lost, you know. I know where you can find him if you miss him so much. I suspect that you know too, but don't want to go and play with him there. I can understand that. What I can't understand is why someone who won't go and play with him there nonetheless insists that he be allowed to bring his special brand of bile here.
    He doesn't run the show here. It's impossible to be on an equal footing with another when he owns the show.

And I will note that my post that lead to the above request ... acknowledges that others won't feel similarly ... and I respect that. At one point (before I edited) that post went so far as to say ... Were I Manton ... I might feel differently ... and with good reason. Perhaps I shouldn't have removed that comment ... but I thought it unfair to "single you out."

Here is the other post:

There have been a couple of references to FNB … whom I have come to miss. Of course, my own one-on-one SF experience of FNB was not perhaps as rough-and-tumble as the experiences of certain others. I know some SF members feel very differently … and I respect that.

FNB certainly wasn’t fond of my style of dress (well, one of them ... A&S comes to mind) … and was very outspoken about his feelings. Even so, I never felt truly insulted by him. I fondly remember the time he referred to my manner of dress as an anachronism. I responded with some comment about the Concorde having been an anachronism. He retorted suggesting my style was more akin to the Spruce Goose. I thought I was going to die laughing ... because in a way ... he was right.

In his dealing with me -- and I’m speaking only from my own experience -- more often than not he seemed rather good-natured … albeit with a sharp snarky side. Of course, I've been told that I'm a tad naive about these things. It’s even been suggested that I often miss the blatant insult that is lobbed my or another’s way. Maybe so ... maybe not. But the way I look at it ... if it's naivety ... please don’t enlighten me too much.

20. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

^^^Manton ... perhaps I feel the way I do because I've been very successful in my own business ... to the point that I am often the topic of other's conversations ... some of it polite ... some not so polite ... some of it truthful ... some an outright lie ... much of it a matter of opinion based on a lack of facts. I've had peole talk about me to my face ... without even realizing that I'm the person they're dishing.

And maybe having Hollywood clients -- to whom this happens day in and day out -- has helped me to understand that this is just gonna happen if one is truly succesful at what s/he does.