• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silk Scarfs for men? ... Help

sylove76

Reaction score
Hello,

i have a question, theres always to kick up some ones outfit. now, i have a question, i was looking at hermes silk scarfs and i am deff interested in purchasing one, but for some reason, i dont think a "straight" male would actually wear one, unless its the hypebeast look where you tie it around your kneck.. now i was wondering if its alright for one to wear one? and any ideas or pictures where it looks very STYLISH.. Thanks in advance.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sylove76
i dont think a "straight" male would actually wear one,
Everything will make you look gay. Especially the velvet blazer you're wearing.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In what scientists are calling "totally gay", I'm reading this thread.

G79

Reaction score
Erm... the velvet jacket sounds Gay/Prince kinds, but I cannot think of how a silk scarf wont either! But pray why would u need to insist the scarf be silk ?

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
In all seriousness - I think it depends on the scarf. I have a black silk/cashmere scarf I snagged in Turkey and it's subdued enough that it doesn't look too flamboyant except to those who will think I'm flaming already.

This confuses me:
hypebeast look where you tie it around your kneck
Where do you tie your scarves??

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Around ******** so that no one thinks I'm gay.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have a McQueen scarf, I'll try to post a pic later.

I think we all know it probably won't happen but it's nice to say.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to wear silk scarves quite a bit, in a pretty lol phase of my life that did, in fact, include a great deal of velvet.

Slamdog

Reaction score
i want to see a guy sporting all the feminine styles all at once. the scarf, the man purse, and the deep V cut sweater.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slamdog
i want to see a guy sporting all the feminine styles all at once. the scarf, the man purse, and the deep V cut sweater.

I have a friend who does exactly that. He is utterly flaming.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can fold it and tie it around your neck tucked into your shirt so it looks like an ascot. I think both Cary Grant and Fred Astaire were fond of this. At least one author on such matters considers a scarf so worn incomparably more elegant than a "regular" pre-fabricated ascot, which he regarded as cheesy--on the order of pre-tied bowties. I recently got some cotton scarves that I sometimes wear in this fashion.

However, I don't exactly see an Hermes silk scarf as "streetwear," however it's worn!

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Given that tattered cotton scarves are in, I'd be interested to see a tattered silk scarf.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads