1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Silently Judging Me - and my clothes!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Augusto86, Sep 13, 2006.

1. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

At my campus, I often look with real disdain on those who leave their rooms wearing pajama pants, ripped t-shirts(and not the fashionable kind), and groaty adidas flip-flops. I also reserve harsh judgement on those who commit real sartorial sins - buttoning all buttons on a jacket, black shoe/brown belt, etc., as well as those who walk around in oversized black trenchcoats and other 'alternative' accoutrements.

In short, let he who is without sin cast the first stone...which sure as hell isn't me. So judge away, all ye sinners...

I wore a seersucker suit to work today, which outside of Easter is the first time I've worn it in public. I figured I had to get it in now before summer fades away. Remarkable to see people's reaction to it. "You going yachting?", "You look like a polo ad", "are you trying to replace Matlock", to more compliments than I expected. I always replied with "seersucker - we're bringing it back!"

Just amusing the way that clothes make such an impression.