1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

show us your closet

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

I see gettoasty clothes rack is plagued by the uniqlo down puffer like mine.

1 person likes this.
  2. paradoxical3

paradoxical3 Well-Known Member

Nothing too fancy, but it's starting to come along. Hard to take pictures of because it's narrow - out of the picture to the right side, there's an identical wall of shelves behind the door (except there's a lot less clothes on the shelves).

[​IMG]

In an effort to organize my ties, I just (literally, I'm doing it right now, I'm taking a break to post) began converting these shelves to tie shelves. Very easy DIY, just cut a board of painted pine to the correct size, space them about 2.5-3in apart to fit the ties, and attach them to the shelf walls. Got 2 rows done so far, 2 more to go.

[​IMG]

Cool shoehorn my girlfriend got me, with that liquid gold (Saphir) in the back

[​IMG]

Shoes

[​IMG]

More Shoes - missing their Allen Edmonds friend that I just sold on the B&S here :(

[​IMG]

Hanging stuff

[​IMG]

Awesome Daines and Hathaway tray my awesome girlfriend bought me (now that I think about it, she also bought me the pen holder....I should probably marry her already)

[​IMG]

Next project is installing a belt hook somewhere. I also built a cedar shoe rack for my cleats and tennis shoes to air out on.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    6 people like this.
  3. atoms

atoms Well-Known Member

I finally got around to doing my closet space "Home Improvement" project. I forgot to take any "before" photos before I took the two huge sliding doors off. But I'm so sick of them.

This is a work in progress, few things left:
    • Ordering a set of ceiling mounted hospital rails and intend to hang a curtain from them. The two sliding doors are not being put back.
    • Have to take it all apart at some point in the future in order to repair the walls and repaint.
    • While apart, I intend to stain it.

My home is very small (and cheap) so I didn't want to put any real money into this. Total cost was ~$125 dollars so far and about 4 hours of my time to this point. You could probably do it for about $60 if you use construction grade wood and metal rods. I seriously considered some of the +$100 store bought packages but I didn't want particle board and I didn't need shelves. But I did need "something" in between in order to make two rows of rods.

Here is my part list (all from a popular home improvement store)
    • 3x rod sockets (brushed nickle)
    • 96" oak rod (cut in two pieces for the right side)
    • 72" oak rod (for the left side)
    • 1x12x8 pine (finish quality) for top shelf.
    • 1x12x6 pine (finish quality) for vertical separator.
    • 2x2x6 pine (finish quality) to serve as anchor point between vertical piece and backer.
    • 1x4x6 pine (cheap!) to server as backer (attached to stud)

One of my primary concerns was not having my shirts cramped. This gave me a lot more room, and it'll look nicer when complete. I moved some of the extra items no longer there into storage. I know it's not "nice" but it's a solid improvement and I'm very happy with it.

Before photo (forgot to take one that had the sliding doors installed)
    [​IMG]

After photo:

[​IMG]

After, showing center column:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    8 people like this.
  4. IRKSM

IRKSM Well-Known Member

Epicness is coming...

5. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

My little walk in wardrobe

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. juven

juven Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Having this little edit on hand keeps me from going into the real closet and getting dizzy.
    The game used Evgeni Malkin point stick on the top will go in a case some day soon.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Closet itself is pretty sparse right now so just shoes, now that I'm content.

Back row is all issued for work, brands not important.

Front row is OG gats, white CP Achilles low, and black F+B 745s.

These shoes can be used for any occasion I can think of, don't wear earth tones so brown boots are not needed. Not going to buy more shoes until I get my own apt.

8. y7bbb6

y7bbb6 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2 years ago when I was in school... I dress way worse now.

9. jungleroller

jungleroller Well-Known Member

Mostly Dress clothes

Main closet

[​IMG]

Spare BR closet

[​IMG]

10. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Gotta step up your hanger game for those shirts.

1 person likes this.
  11. jungleroller

jungleroller Well-Known Member

They come that way from the dry cleaner. I'm not going to rehang them as I wear them 5 days a week. The good hangers are for the coats and suits.

12. pagehooper

pagehooper Member

my closet:

1x Black suit set - CK
    1x Grey suit set - BR Monogram
    3x Polos (charcoal, navy, black) - Ralph Lauren
    1x long sleeve henley - AF (small deer logo)
    1x short sleeve henley - AF (small deer logo)
    1x cardigan with shawl - AF (small deer logo)
    1x plaid shirt - Ralph Lauren
    2x Flannel shirt - AF
    1x no-iron dress shirt (white) - BR
    1x no-iron dress shirt (light blue) - Uniqlo
    1x slim jeans - Uniqlo
    1x straight jeans - Uniqlo
    1x beige corduroy jeans - Uniqlo
    3x basketball shorts for gym/ball - adidas
    2x work out shirts - adidas
    2x national world cup team jerseys - adidas
    1x navy cotton blazer - AE
    1x long sleeve polo - AE
    1x puffer jacket - Tommy Hilfiger
    2x vintage tees - superdry
    3x v-neck tees - BR
    1x vans sneakers
    1x adidas basketball shoe
    1x black dress shoes from Japan, can't remember the name

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

14. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

15. CaptainMiguel

CaptainMiguel Member

[​IMG]

I'm doing my best with a pretty tiny corner closet. This is an older photo. The wardrobe is a work in progress - buying new essentials as I go and replacing many older things with newer, better quality. I just ordered a basic cedar shoe rack for the left floor. There is a wire basket four drawer "dresser" on the right floor. Suits are hanging behind the dress shirts in the darkness on the left. Ties, scarfs, handkerchiefs, etc are in the little canvas boxes on top. Belts are hanging from the wall just to the right of where the photo ends.

1 person likes this.
  16. juven

juven Well-Known Member

nice job with minimal space. What are the white bars that separate the sweaters and hang down on the left? Where did you get those?

17. CaptainMiguel

CaptainMiguel Member

Those things were in there when I moved into the apartment but I think they are pretty common. Search the internet for "closet shelf dividers" and I think you'll find quite a few different versions of the same thing.

18. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

So have I - beech and walnut! It makes my wardrobe look like a shop! I've got empty hangers for the pieces I want to buy during 2014, and once I've filled them, I'll post a photo of all of my clothes:)

19. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Here is my closet:

2 cashmere sweaters (navy v neck)
    14 shirts
    6 pairs jeans
    10 coats/jackets
    =32 pieces[​IMG]

20. AndrewDoesHair

AndrewDoesHair Well-Known Member

I recently revamped my closet. For a long time I had decided that I wasn't going to do it, because I'm living in a condo that I don't plan on staying in for more than a few years, but the bare wire shelving was driving me nuts. I do a little bit of woodworking on the side for fun, and I have dreams of eventually living in a house that has custom moulding and millwork in every room, especially in the closets. So I took some drawer bottom (very thin sanded plywood from home depot) and added an extra shoe shelf on one, then added moulding to the front edge and stain to all of it, and simply laid it on top of my pre-exhisting shelving. No mess, no fuss, completely removable without a trace, and only cost me $50...

Here is the "before" picture
    [​IMG]

and here is the "after"
    [​IMG]

I might eventually add some LED strips below each shelf edge. Ikea has very low profile designs for very cheap- I have sets installed under my kitchen cabinets...