1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Show us your Chan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Jul 7, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

so they can get it cheap from some jobber and save a few bucks, classic igent
    It's actually more expensive to bring cloth to many of the best tailors, particularly English. Mine will do this, for example, but the allowance is only £100. - B

2. wmb

wmb Well-Known Member

I've never achieved that nice a roll on my 3/2.5 jackets. I'm envious. I'm going to have to press Patrick on the next visit.

Interesting about the lapel width. On my most recent suit, I increased the width 1/4" from prior jackets and lowered the gorge and breast pocket 3/4". I'm very happy with the result. I'll try to wear the suit Monday and have my wife snap a few pictures for this thread.

Not sure why the roll on mine would be any different... I raised the breast pocket about 1/4 inch on these...

3. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

New suit arrived last week. Super soft and heavy cotton suit in Scabal Ascona. The breast pocket is a tad high, otherwise I think it turned out nicely. I asked for swelled edges on this one. Crappy pix, but you get the idea. Cappelli woven tie. Wore it to see Patrick today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. apropos

apropos Well-Known Member

I don't mind the position of that chest pocket one bit, Parker. [​IMG]

5. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

6. emptym

emptym Well-Known Member

I'm jealous in more ways than one, P!

7. forex

forex Well-Known Member

Fantastic Parker.

+1,It looks really nice!

8. wmb

wmb Well-Known Member

nice cotton suit. looks like it will break in beautifully...

9. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Great stuff Parker! You and Patrick should be proud.

10. yfyf

yfyf Well-Known Member

New suit arrived last week. Super soft and heavy cotton suit in Scabal Ascona. The breast pocket is a tad high, otherwise I think it turned out nicely. I asked for swelled edges on this one. Crappy pix, but you get the idea. Cappelli woven tie. Wore it to see Patrick today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wooo .... super, super nice.

11. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

I found the jacket a bit too short and the lapels a bit too narrow, otherwise, Chan did a pretty good job on this one.

[​IMG]

I think everyone that uses Chan the first time say that the coat is short but I think it turns out the suits we've been wearing have all been too long.

12. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

I think everyone that uses Chan the first time say that the coat is short but I think it turns out the suits we've been wearing have all been too long.

Funny as I've been requesting from Chan and my other recent commissions that they lengthen the jackets a half inch from where they previously had been. Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder! :^)

13. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Well-Known Member

I like it, but I'm not sure that I like it more than your Haspel machine-washable.

14. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I love the shape of Parker's suit. I think I'd prefer more of a true khaki or tobacco color but those are still a some sweet threads.

15. binge

binge Well-Known Member

I love my Haspel and all, but it's nowhere as nice as his Chan.

16. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Wish I got something from Chan this week when Patrick was here in LA. Opted out and decided to spend my money elsewhere.

17. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I think that was the best 12 bucks I ever spent. [​IMG] I don't know if I'll throw this one in the washing machine yet.

Yeah, the Scabal book has some other nice colors in it. I think there's a darker brown and a there's a good mid-blue which I think would look great. This is straight up tan. Looks lighter and more yellow here than it actually is in person.

18. GoTigers0418

GoTigers0418 New Member

Fantastic suit in the picture (really great fabric choice).

I recently ordered my first suit from Chan when he was on tour in the U.S. For the Chan clients here, I wanted to know if your first suit with Chan was a done in HK or if it was done when he was on tour. It seems that many other clients of Chan seemed to have the best results when their first suit was done in HK with multiple fittings (with subsequent orders being done when Chan is on tour). Would appreciate any input the forum can provide.

Thanks,
    Richard

19. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

Fantastic suit in the picture (really great fabric choice).

I recently ordered my first suit from Chan when he was on tour in the U.S. For the Chan clients here, I wanted to know if your first suit with Chan was a done in HK or if it was done when he was on tour. It seems that many other clients of Chan seemed to have the best results when their first suit was done in HK with multiple fittings (with subsequent orders being done when Chan is on tour). Would appreciate any input the forum can provide.

Thanks,
    Richard

Best to do your first commission with fittings so he can nail your pattern down right.

20. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Well-Known Member

I love my Haspel and all, but it's nowhere as nice as his Chan.

This is because you do not possess Parker's magical powers.