1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Drinkwaters, Feb 28, 2007.

1. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Good call because, based on those measurements, that would fit me just fine and I have 50lbs and 3" on you. Hmm....tempting actually....ha! Nah, can't spend the money, but I would love to have one of those, really a clean looking jacket.

2. Shingles

Shingles Well-Known Member

Very nice of you to help out thanks alot mate. Are you referring to this knit jacket? http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3315 Do you remember if he had a size S or M and if it was on sale as they are old pieces? The Olive wool Duffle would be FW12 yes. I think I will drop him an email.. That outfit looks stunning, love the Needles rebuild stuff, got one of the vests myself and I tried on that jacket while I was in New York. I could do both medium and large in it but I preferred the fit of the large as the medium got a bit tight and a bit more "dressed". The L fit me like your jacket fits you I think, what size are you in that jacket? What is that C1 vest? Is it an old item? It looks great, do you have another picture of just the vest?

3. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

yeah thats the knit jacket he had. Didn't check the sizes I'm afraid (they were displayed kinda high up rather than on the racks iirc) but visually I'd guess M/L. Don't think he has old season stuff on sale unfortunately - the C1 is old season (ss or fw12 I think?) and was full price.

Thanks! My Needles rebuild is M (I'm 5'10" 140ish, more or less an M in EG). Layered up and buttoned up its quite fitted, but nicely loose and comfy with just a shirt / tee. I think they probably vary a bit though.

Here's some shots of the C1 - the colour's off - its a darker navy than this - but you get the idea. Its nuts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Nice, I'm glad you managed to get the vest. Looks great. Think its from FW12. Awkward conversations about random folk off the internet are the future!

5. El QUaG

El QUaG Well-Known Member

^ That vest is incredible.

Well done with pulling it off with your outfit post earlier. :slayer:

I'm waiting for SS14 with the aim of acquiring a lightweight utility vest for year round use.

6. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

pretty cool, i don't particularly care for the shoes and hat. I actually think the latter is hideous despite your intentions to play up the outfit. The shoes should be a darker color to complement the monochrome outfit.

8. canstyleace

lol yeah, I appreciate the fb toasty.
    I originally put the hat on to hide the face but I guess I should've taken it off as I can see your point in it looking a bit costumey (damn you boardwalk empire).
    And I actually have the exact same boots in navy as well but purposely went with the burgundy this time to break up the monochrome a bit, I've done all navy before though and looks good too.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  9. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

second look, i do not mind the shoes. i think it's the pants roll. people keep making fun of teger about his donuts, but i think the way you are rolling your trouser hem warrants such a consideration. personally, when i think of EG, i like the extra break in the pants or just go cropped. rolling the hem up can be done right, but this time it looks proportionally too thick. i'm just not a big fan. i'd much prefer a single cuff with a taller shaft boot. everything seems to fit well. EG is awesome, something I have experimented with a little but not yet completely satisfied. I probably should stick to the darker colored designs.

10. canstyleace

agree about doughnuts, I never tailored the inseam on the pants and have about 3-4 rolls on it there, with shoes and 1 roll I get a good solid break and it looks very good but with boots I get more and not really a fan, also not a fan of the tuck, besides those boots would such for tucking, I'd tailor them if I were to keep but looks like I'm letting this suit go as its a bit too warm for my local weather.

11. Shingles

Thanks for the information. Ok! Yes I guess they vary a bit too. I'm one inch shorter than you but 162 lbs and about 41" around the chest. I generally wear M in EG outerwear depending on the measurements and if the fabric is stretchy or not. Can rarely bend my arms inwards completely, and sizing up ruins the look/fit. But you'll get used to it. :slayer: Ah yes, I remember that vest now. It's very special! Crazy pocket design. Cool you still could find one. ----- On a trip to Copenhagen: [​IMG] FW13 USN pants dark navy cavalry twill (pinrolled) FW13 Liner floral/big polka dot FW12 Truman wool herringbone Gitman vintage striped oxford Nike air max one premium Happy socks

5 people like this.
  12. lawlercon

lawlercon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Me in the middle... S2W8 waist bag, EG workshirt from FW10, post o'alls jeans, and yuketen maine guide chukkas.

2 people like this.
  13. Lorcan7

Got a package in from Gary at Drinkwaters yesterday, big thanks to him for getting hold of the pants and shawl for me!

[​IMG]

navy wool herringbone windowpane button shawl fw13
    c1 vest fw12
    denim western shirt ss13
    black floral printed corduroy cinch pants fw13
    trickers

floral cinch pants fit great and well, awesome fabric. Shawl is very cozy. Still working out which way I like wearing it best.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And for a bit of balance from the crazy stuff, a work fit

[​IMG]
    Douglas shirt, ss12
    brown duck fatigues fw13
    timberland beaters

7 people like this.
  14. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

you win @ eg

1 person likes this.
  15. canstyleace

really like the cords lorcan,
    how did you size those and how thick would you say is the fabric?

16. Lorcan7

I'm a 30-31 true waist and went with a 32. With the back cinched up a little, they're pretty spot on - a bit of room in the top block, slim through the leg. Fabric is a nice weight and good for winter, similar to my workaday cords, maybe a touch heavier and wider wale, hard to tell as my workadays are thrashed.

17. canstyleace

So they pretty much fit like regular cinch back pants and a bit thicker/warmer than normal cords? tia.

18. Lorcan7

yes and yes

(its my first time trying cinch pants so can't compare to other fabrics/seasons but yeah they fit pretty much how I've read people describe them)

19. Shingles

Really good Lorcan, I love those pants and been wanting to get them ever since I saw them matched with the navy hb windowpane ldt jacket in the lookbook!

Do you have this seasons fatigues or usn's, if yes what size? Size 30 in both those pants fit me spot on in all aspects, would you advice me to go with 30 in the cinch pants too as opposed to sizing up? Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  20. Lorcan7

Haha yes I stole the navy widowpane + floral pant combo from the lookbook.

I have this season's fatigues also in a 32, I'd say they're quite comparable to the cinch pants size wise, you might want to consider sizing up if you have big thighs/ athletic build.