• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should You Marry Someone Your Age or Someone Much Younger?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Cha-ching!!!
Yep. He said it was really cool at first, but now that he's starting to think about marriage, he doesn't like the fact that it's difficult to tell whether they're just after money.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'm absolutely paranoid about having a wife that turns fat on me. Sex with fat chicks is my Room 101.

QFT

I think that's why I notice flabby upper arms so much.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Aren't you in medical school? One of the guys in my class said his friend said his dick turned to gold when he got his M.D. lol

I am, you're right. Why else would you apply? To help people?
lol8[1].gif

devil.gif

Yep. He said it was really cool at first, but now that he's starting to think about marriage, he doesn't like the fact that it's difficult to tell whether they're just after money.

No seriously though... that sounds like could be both a good and bad problem to have...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Damn, that's a lot. Most was 5 for me.
I think i conciously tried to see how many times I could possibly go in one day... let me tell you, after about twelve, it stops being as much fun. I powered my way through to the neighborhood of eighteen or or twenty or so... but it was not enjoyable in the latter stages. Boredom + whacking off = science!

shamuboa

Reaction score
What would you hope to accomplish by marrying? Would you gain something that you don't already have?

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you ever subject yourself to marriage if looks are that important to you?

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm always concerned with the maturity level of younger women. Having said that, women seem to be, all in all, more mature than men. I'm going on a second date with a 21 year old this weekend (I'm 25). She's pretty sharp, can talk about philosophy and language and such with a fair level of competency. So perhaps I don't need to sweat it.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
p.s. I feel like the pro athlete at a press conference using fancy vocabulary incorrectly.
You didn't use the word "myself", so you get a pass.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rdawson808
How about marrying someone you love so that when her **** sag you don't care? And likewise, when ********* goes limp she doesn't care.
Bob, you are "” again "” a true voice of reason.
worship.gif

Originally Posted by Dedalus
Why would you ever subject yourself to marriage if looks are that important to you?
As much as I like to think I am "above" the vacuity of desiring knock-out looks in my female partners, I must admit I still perform a boner check: if she doesn't give me a chubby, I'm heading for the door.
blush.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You didn't use the word "myself", so you get a pass.
laugh.gif

Bob, you are "” again "” a true voice of reason.
worship.gif

As much as I like to think I am "above" the vacuity of desiring knock-out looks in my female partners, I must admit I still perform a boner check: if she doesn't give me a chubby, I'm heading for the door.
blush.gif

You've been dating for a while so i feel comfortable saying this, but marrying for love worked out well for you, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You've been dating for a while so i feel comfortable saying this, but marrying for love worked out well for you, right?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah. There is that.
blush.gif

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
YAs much as I like to think I am "above" the vacuity of desiring knock-out looks in my female partners, I must admit I still perform a boner check: if she doesn't give me a chubby, I'm heading for the door.
blush.gif

Well, that's any man. But no sane man would have looks at the priority that the OP has when thinking about marriage. Supple young flesh won't rear the children, do the laundry, cook dinner, and wash the dishes without hardening into a rough callous and ropey muscles.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Marry older than you. And smarter than you. And more sane than you.

Provided you can actually find all three in one woman.

Note: no value judgement implied by any comment re: any poster.

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
My wife is 6 years younger than me but age really didn't play into this at all. If it's all about looks, they will eventually fade for both men and women.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, you all know I'm a stickler for consistency. I see very little advantage in ********** with lots of different women while passing up on the one you are really attracted to. Moreover, none of you are discounting your increasing age in determining the probability that a young, hot girl will want anything to do with you as you get older.

I like having a young, beautiful wife now and when I'm still young enough myself to enjoy it. No boredom here--just making the most of things.

micbain

Reaction score
One of my cousins did as you suggested...skipped the first wife then at 43 he married a 24yr old. He seems to be pretty happy
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads