1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I Ship A Car To Europe/Which One?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by maxnharry, Mar 4, 2008.

1. pabloj

pabloj Well-Known Member

I'd get a Citroen SM. It's the masochist in me. ...
    Really masochistic, and it's ugly too.
    I'd have said a Citroen DS for you, go figure.

2. culverwood

culverwood Well-Known Member

If you are going to try and make a profit on what you bring over you need to study the market. Very few American (GM, Ford, Chrysler) cars are in demand you would probably do better with a European 'made in America' car such as a BMW or MB SUV. Some European made cars are low cost in America compared to Europe too.

Like most of the others I would counsel buying a car which does not use too much petrol and can be easily maintained.

3. Nonk

Nonk Well-Known Member

Get one there.

As has been stated, fuel is generally unbelievably expensive in Europe and in many places you will be openly hated for driving such a large, fuel heavy vehicle.

Get a new Smart!

4. maxnharry

maxnharry Well-Known Member

ZOMBIE THREAD

Thanks for all of the great advice. I ended up getting an older BMW wagon over here. Really happy that I didn't bring the Landcruiser every time I fill up the car (which still makes my eyes water)

5. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

^^Good decision.

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Ship Hummer H1

7. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Ship Hummer H1

I remember when I was living in France a few years ago, I would consider someone a real big timer if they drove a Hummer. Suprisingly I saw quite a few of them in Grenoble.

8. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

9. nootje

nootje Well-Known Member

ZOMBIE THREAD

Thanks for all of the great advice. I ended up getting an older BMW wagon over here. Really happy that I didn't bring the Landcruiser every time I fill up the car (which still makes my eyes water)

haha, over here we actually consider the gas in luxemburg quite cheap [​IMG]

10. skyman

skyman Well-Known Member

With the EU the way it is your probably going to get absoloutely hammered on road tax, and also on a huge SUV the fuel costs will be astronomical. In Britain (and Luxemburg is probably not that much different) it's about $8 per gallon so when your SUV is getting 15 mpg that is going to hurt your pockets.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

i know it's a done deal, but if i were in this position i would own a car that i could never get in the US....like a TVR Tuscan [​IMG]