1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

how much was it. you could have probably done better anyways.

2. coffeequeen

coffeequeen Well-Known Member

Barbour/Tokito Limited Edition--waxed trench coat

should I spring? supposed to be out in the fall and it will retail for about $850. Haven't seen any picture of the back yet; I'm hoping it's a plain back without any cowl, flap, or hood. On the one hand it seems insane, but on the other...I think I might regret if I let it pass. I would probably get many years of enjoyment out of it, wouldn't I?

http://acontinuouslean.files.wordpre...ch_bicycle.jpg

3. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

how much was it. you could have probably done better anyways.

Yeh, the buy now price was close to 40 bucks, which I wasn't willing to pay for this. It's only a Van Heusen, after all. It's more the principal of the thing, and that I was hoping to win a bid for around something like 20 bucks.

4. bdeuce22

i've seen the Van Heusen and owned a real one for a little bit. save up for the real deal

5. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Yeh, I thought that, too.

6. bdeuce22

7. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I tried on Magician's today with a band shirt and some B. Son shorts. SO DOPE. I would rock them with faded raw denim.

8. bdeuce22

i have been thinking about them lately as well, but they just seem like they would feel like cinder blocks on your feet.

9. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

they are suprisingly lightweight

10. bdeuce22

buy em and lets see the pics. it'd be interesting to see how you can make it work because i am thinking of buying some. i could never bring myself to pay more 50% of retail though.

11. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

12. bdeuce22

yeah. the resale value on those seem absurdly high. do those even go on sale at the end of the season even though they don't change year over year?

13. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

if you are my shoe size buy them wear them then sell to me for like $200 [​IMG][​IMG]

14. djh

djh Well-Known Member

nice... i kinda want a pair now.

15. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Well-Known Member

Unless you're buying my exact BoO shirt, you're probably not getting the same one. That was the holiday collection one from 07. Not the normal oxford. Different material and fits a bit tighter.

Dammit Chrono. So its not this one?: http://www.southwillard.com/designer...lue-oxford-2//

ARG, I should have bought it from you when I had the chance...stupid ass me.

16. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

No. The holiday collection shirt i had wasn't the normal oxford fabric. It was a bit lighter and the color slightly more saturated for a light blue. Fit just a touch slimmer than the plain white oxford i had in the same size. It was from the 07 holiday line.

teger- you should've bought the fake rick hitops someone was selling on sufu for $175 a few weeks ago. Looked exactly the same as the real deal. In the black w/ milk check distressed leather. Pretty cool. I almost kopped

17. chrispy179

chrispy179 Well-Known Member

Common projects or regular chucks?

Also how does the sizing on CPs run? If i wear a 9 - 9.5US in most shoes what should i look for?

18. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

^ Kind of a pointless question, considering they aren't really in the same league, no? You may as well be asking "511 or 19cm?" or something.

You'd want a 41 in CP, though.

19. chrispy179

chrispy179 Well-Known Member

^ Kind of a pointless question, considering they aren't really in the same league, no? You may as well be asking "T-000 or 19cm?" or something.

You'd want a 41 in CP, though.

Ya, i know. I mean is it worth the extra money to invest in CPs or just stick to the original

Thanks tho