1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. bwsbbc

bwsbbc Well-Known Member

Balenciaga Cashmere

Raf Turtleneck

or Albrto Incanuti pullover

All for around the same price

2. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^You buy for the names, I guess? How is anyone supposed to have a preference without at least seeing a picture of the things?

3. Riio

Riio Well-Known Member

4. __CB__

__CB__ Well-Known Member

How about some Lacoste? They're a good fitting, basic white canvas, nothing funky, sneaker. They have a little croc logo, but it's so little that you won't think twice about it.

lacoste tennis sneakers won't last any longer than cheap plimsoles, not worth the extra cash.

5. XenoX101

XenoX101 Well-Known Member

Poor student in need of first, decent winter jacket. How's this for $150? Open to other, cheaper suggestions. [​IMG] http://www.spiewak.com/fashion/product/SX932/
    Nice, I like the added practicality of a hood. I'm also always a fan of wrist-paulets and elastic openings.

6. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

^^Meh not a fan of toggle coats that end at the waist. I know Spiewak makes longer length versions of that if you want to stick with that brand.
    Balenciaga Cashmere Raf Turtleneck or Albrto Incanuti pullover All for around the same price
    Raf T-neck isn't the TV static one from F/w 08 is it?

7. PattyC

PattyC Well-Known Member

Well, I had a good time.

PattyC- that's a classic pattern, but please please don't try to dress like Noel/Liam Gallagher.

Hah, that's actually Gem their guitarist. Does pairing with those kind of jackets not look good then? Any suggestions on how to properly wear it more fittingly?

8. dron10

dron10 Active Member

9. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus Well-Known Member

Poor student in need of first, decent winter jacket. How's this for $150? Open to other, cheaper suggestions.

It's a good looking jacket, but I hope you don't live too far north. By looks alone, I would look for something warmer in a winter jacket.

Who makes it?

10. Riio

Riio Well-Known Member

It's a good looking jacket, but I hope you don't live too far north. By looks alone, I would look for something warmer in a winter jacket.

Who makes it?

It's a Spiewak jacket, and I'm hoping it'd be enough for a midwest winter with some layers underneath.

11. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

It's a Spiewak jacket, and I'm hoping it'd be enough for a midwest winter with some layers underneath.

As someone who lives in the midwest... I'd suggest a longer (mid thigh-ish) length jacket for winter. That jacket looks fine for fall, but I don't think it'd cut it when you get those negative degree windchill days in February.

12. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Well-Known Member

13. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

14. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Well-Known Member

It's an idea that could look bad, but is well executed. I say get it.

15. MortyGras

MortyGras Well-Known Member

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/s...eck-purple.php

I can't decide if I like it enough to buy it. It has an interesting design but something is holding me back...

Great piece! If you can pull of the colour that's it.. not that hard actually. Just buy it.
    Something irrelevant.

16. XenoX101

^^Meh not a fan of toggle coats that end at the waist. I know Spiewak makes longer length versions of that if you want to stick with that brand.

Ah, that too, I love cropped jackets/coats, elongates the legs and gives the piece more symmetry by being more squarish, also makes the lower layer form a nice upside down T shape when the jacket is open if your shirt is longer than your jacket. Also means it shows the lower layer underneath when closed, so you have an opportunity to play with shirts even when wearing a closed jacket.

17. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

BB1 I think you find everything worth owning in Japan and post it in this thread.

I need to P.M you and get a list.

18. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

Ah, that too, I love cropped jackets/coats, elongates the legs and gives the piece more symmetry by being more squarish, also makes the lower layer form a nice upside down T shape when the jacket is open if your shirt is longer than your jacket. Also means it shows the lower layer underneath when closed, so you have an opportunity to play with shirts even when wearing a closed jacket.

i can think of another reason for why you like cropped jackets...

19. XenoX101

That could mean so many things, though I'm going to probably ignorantly assume you're just going for the obvious, so yes, it is easier for my short stature to wear cropped jackets, but really we all knew that already [​IMG].

20. Moosbrugger

Moosbrugger Member

http://www.tresbienshop.net/en/art/s...eck-purple.php

I can't decide if I like it enough to buy it. It has an interesting design but something is holding me back...

That collar is really nice, but the texture on the main part of the jumper is a bit messy. I'd give it a miss.