1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Co-sign.on this, I don't own a single one.

2. Reveur

Reveur Member

Pls respond ;_;

3. minho

minho Well-Known Member

What are you looking for in a "good" t-shirt? longevity? fit?

My recommendation is just to not really worry about t-shirt longevity and just find a brand that fits you well. If your budget is around $6 per t-shirt (based on your Amazon link), look for stuff from GAP, J.Crew, Banana Republic on sale, or maybe H&M.

4. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

spend a bit more and get uniqlo supima tee which is pretty good, but the recent one i got isn't as thick as it used to be. another alternative would be champion, good deal if you buy in bulk. although not easily available in the uk. also hanes.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  5. Reveur

Reveur Member

I honestly want something that preserves it's shape, I have had too many tees that lose it so I want something that's durable and also has a slim fit. I can spend a bit more if it's necessary, but it's just that there are so many options available everywhere, specially on amazon, and every single one with different reviews about the quality.

I've seen people recommending almost all of them, but they don't even tell why, that, or the reviews contradict eachother.

I think I'm kind of obsessed with the idea of getting the perfect t-shirt but for some reason I don't wanna fuck up

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  6. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Just buy a bunch and try them, there's no right answer to that question depending on the fit and fabric you want. Get one and wear it for three months or so, washing it once a week

I went through so many brands, Muji, uni-qlo, AA, John Elliott, etc. before settling on James Perse tees.

7. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

at some point or another, you will have to rebuy all the tees you like. there are no such things where you buy all the perfect tees once and wear em till you're 70. i have uniqlo supima tees which have lasted 2 years and still manage to retain their shape. as nicelynice said, it depends on fabric and fit. fabric like cotton has variations like sea island and egyptian cotton which cost more than others. what works for me doesn't necessarily will work for you. most of my plain tees are either sunspel, uniqlo, i also recently got some tees from velva sheen.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

For ts- you guys get bugged out when the shoulder seams don't sit directory square where your shoulders end? Sometimes shoulders are a bit too big on me and don't sit square and sit farther down my delt.

9. max_r

max_r Well-Known Member

I kinda like a slightly dropped shoulder. Better than too narrow.

1 person likes this.
  10. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Uniqlo supima are still the best tees imo, quality has certainly decreased though

11. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

Grana ts are the best IMO

http://www.grana.com/r/3577 ref link just in case anyone wants to save 10% and contribute towards my next purchase [​IMG]

12. MaiLam

MaiLam Well-Known Member

How is their stuff? Tempted by a few things on there

13. RXS09

RXS09 Well-Known Member

Pretty damn good. At this point they're the only t shirts that I wear. Their sweatshirts are great too. Haven't tried anything else but I've heard nothing but good things

14. Coldsnap

They go on sale ever?

15. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I have a couple grana tees too. They're good for the price. They do run a little on the short side though. I told customer service that the length measurements listed weren't correct. They told me they had recently adjusted the cut and offered to fully cover return shipping or give me store credit. Last I checked they didn't update measurements.

I have an average length torso and if I lift both my hands overhead you can see some skin and my boxer briefs. [​IMG]

16. Reveur

Reveur Member

You guys are right I gotta try some different options. I bought 2 Next Level's 60/40 on Amazon and let's hope I like them.

The thing is, I have to pay for the t-shirt and also the shipping and taxes for my country. So for example if a t-shirt is worth $5.82, I end up paying $13.97 for it.

Also, do you guys know where can I find tees with this exact or similar color? Like pale pink or something like that. This one is from Topman but, again, they don't deliver to my country ):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  17. boned

boned Well-Known Member

Damn, Grana were my tee's of choice too and this is the second time they've adjusted the cut. First iteration was the best IMO; slim and long. Then they widened and shortened on the second go around when I ordered; if they did it even more looks like it's back to the drawing board for me for tee's again :(

Anyone have any good recommendations for scoop necks?

18. Coldsnap

Wide and short? Sounds like I should check them out.

1 person likes this.
  19. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

I actually bought the tees in late 2015 so we could be talking about the same time they adjusted the cut.

Someone recommended dstld but I haven't tried them out yet. If you like cotton/modal blends you can check out uniformla. The material is like that of John Elliott, super soft, but the tees are more expensive at 35 bucks