• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

drmmr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The pics used in the Jil shirt auction look familiar. Think they might have been from a sufu listing from a while back. Pretty sure it's worn too.

Last edited:

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Paul Smith

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
be forewarned, most paul smith boots are quite sleek with pointy toes, and those (especially with the thin sole) may look a bit out of place with jeans. They look good with trousers or a suit though.

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

be forewarned, most paul smith boots are quite sleek with pointy toes, and those (especially with the thin sole) may look a bit out of place with jeans. They look good with trousers or a suit though.

urgh, probably won't buy them then.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

urgh, probably won't buy them then.

just to illustrate what i'm talking about, heres a picture of my paul smith kasmin boots next to mmm side zips.

They both have very thin soles, but the paul smith ones are more 'form fitting' to the foot, and narrower looking, so they look too slim and sleek to wear with jeans in my opinion, however the larger more casual look of the mmm's looks great with jeans, and also works fine with trousers/suits.

Last edited:

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The toes on the boots casey's considering don't look all that pointy. They remind me of the toebox of my PS derbies, which I wear with denim all the time. Iffy on that buckle, though. Maybe it could be cool in a biker sort of way?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads