1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Ragechester

Ragechester Well-Known Member

Whats the shirt woven or mesh shirt thing underneath? looks cool

2. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Well-Known Member

i wear mine nearly every day - not only beautiful, but comfy af.

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Also bbj. A mesh "sweatshirt." Dunno if you can find it anymore

1 person likes this.
  4. narm60

narm60 Well-Known Member

Heschung Arum in Commando [​IMG]

5. Peter1

Peter1 Well-Known Member

@accordion

Depends what you want them for: Alden/AE/Barker look like "work" shoes, though if you can find then with Dainite soldes maybe a little less formal. I'd go for something like the Heschungs (I'm sure Trickers makes a similar model) because they'll work with jeans as well as wool trousers or even EG-type fits (and even YY looks great with chunky derbies. A very versatile shoe. I prefer black -- shades of brown can look a little dull to me unless there's some broguing or at least a captoe.

6. penanceroyaltea

penanceroyaltea Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LOL. i know i know..

1 person likes this.
  7. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Too weird, have you seen the back? It's got like a rip in it with flannel peeking out. I like the horse riding print a bit better, too, got some great shots of dudes falling off horses

1 person likes this.
  8. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

^ seen those jackets at DSM and thought they were pretty great in the flesh. But yeah I preferred some of the other prints.

9. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

The Heschung Arum are pre-orders for Fall. Tried on Aldens today and really did not like them. Toes are really pointy and heels are bulky, CM only shoes.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  10. penanceroyaltea

@Lorcan7 @nicelynice have you guys seen any of the other prints in jacket form anywhere online? i checked the runway pics and you guys are right..

11. Ragechester

Ragechester Well-Known Member

Can't tell if the heschung toe is a bit too pointed for me but otherwise I like them! need an overhead shot to figure it out

12. Lorcan7

Lorcan7 Well-Known Member

Not that I've seen. Most Western retailers stuck with the black stuff. Your best bet might be to keep an eye on rakuten in a few months time. Plenty of wacky pieces from 15aw and 15ss on there now but not much current season yet.

My favourite print is the one used on these shorts. Not sure if they did it as a jacket (they had a shirt in it at DSM).

[​IMG]

Edit- Colette does, but its one of the more derelicte versions:
    [​IMG]

http://en.colette.fr/veste-pq-j029-h.html

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  13. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Yeah those jackets would have been much nicer if only the fabric had been weird, cut+fabric is just too much.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I wanted the pullover in this print but nobody got a VII, the shorts don't work nearly as well but I am in pretty dire need of new shorts and I still like the print. I don't even know if it's a fleece or what, all of the over sickle shorts feel almost like a poplin.

15. penanceroyaltea

Thanks Lorcan. Agreed that the cut is just a bit off. I saw the Colette blazer but the cut out is even more exaggerated.

Ended up buying a patchwork (again) navy blazer from junya instead

16. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Mathew Miller x Roger Clergerie
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Marni
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Or none of them.

Looking for derbys for everyday wear. Should go with stuff from Peir Wu, Margaret Howell, OL, Lemaire, CdG and that sort of aesthetic.
    Have been looking at CM alternatives, but I have a pair of Allen Edmonds bluchers which I feel are a bit too formal and not the ideal shape with a wider toebox that tapers to the back. I also want a thick sole.

Would appreciate recommendations for more options if you have any.

17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

@conceptionist I Had those Marni's briefly and returned them. There is just something "off" about them on feet, which is a shame because the leather was really soft and nice and I loved the wedge crepe sole. I don't mind those Millers but the side profile makes them look really unbalanced.

I really like these AKOG ones though so maybe you will too. I've debated picking them up several times but rarely wear derbies and already have 3 pairs, though nothing that "traditional".

https://akindofguise.com/product/classic-derby-black-black/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. conceptionist

conceptionist Well-Known Member

Hmm... I like those but I think I want something more sleek and/or aggressive, if that makes sense.
    Thanks for the info about the Marni's anyway. There's something with the profile from the top, yeah.

19. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Does it have to be a crepe/lug sole or just a thick ish sole?

20. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

interesting to hear, i was looking at them for a while too and there was a full size run on lncc still deep into discount, prob sold out and on toto as well. what didn't you like about them ? were they bulbous (enough for me) or narrow ?