1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

I've had a look in the thread before actually and didn't see much. My budget is probably <800 which is good because all of the expensive leathers I've seen have not been my style at all.
    There is a leather riders jacket that Neighbourhood just released that is dope, but is about 1500 and from my experience Japanese brands don't fit me well.

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Calf. Price is right

7 people like this.
  3. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

^if it fits you like it fits that model, I'd get it

4. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

Never expect anything bought from Ssense, to fit and look as good as it does on the models.

5. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

check the 9649...same thing with slimmer frame. definitely worth looking at. i was convinced 649 was perfect and then tried the 9649 for the hell of it and liked it better.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  6. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

Do you have a vision of how you're trying to dress? From your posts you sound like you're just buying everything on the internet

4 people like this.
  7. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Well-Known Member

Edit: to answer your question quickly, yes. I think I do.

Reading that post I agree it does sound that way. And it's true that I've bought a lot of stuff online. Thanks to SF I've discovered a lot of brands that I never knew of (Peir Wu, Paul Harnden, etc). But I'm not getting three things from every designer, just one or two that I really like. I've sent stuff back a bunch too.

Not to sound like a broken record but I've lost a lot of weight recently and I've had to get rid of a lot of stuff I had been wearing for years that's just too big for me now. I had a ton of APC and Margiela that went out the door. A lot of Wings and Horns henleys and pants and a ton of knits. It's all gone and it's left me with a bunch of space to fill up.

So I may have gotten a few things that don't all necessarily work well at the moment all together, but that's because I'm definitely in need of some new pants/jeans. That's the missing link as far as I can tell.

But I like the look of some EG/Beams workwear jackets paired with a plain T and some SLP/R&B jeans and Common Projects for everyday wear.

I picked up the CCP derbies and have been wearing them a bit just with some normal stuff and liking the way they look. I've always worn sneakers but that's just changed I think. The baller boots world is new for me and I probably won't ever really be able to justify any double zip A1923, but my derbies I do like.

I am a musician by trade so I am also trying to build up a bit of a cache of stuff that might not see use on a regular rotation (perhaps the MA+ jacket as an example) but that look very cool and unique on stage and with a guitar on (not to sound too cliche but that's what I do) with a pair of Guidi black side zips and some black selvedge jeans.

At 44 (tomorrow) I'm attempting to not let my age define me or make me look stupid at the same time. I'm going for a darker, more subtle look with some great textures and cuts. But at 5'6" I have to have most everything tailored including t-shirts.

I'm not putting up fit pics everyday because I don't look good as I'd like to everyday. But the stuff I've gotten recently from the brands that speak to me makes me feel like I'm on the right track.

I think it'll all make sense soon. I hope so anyway.

8 people like this.
  8. raags

raags Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Devoa Washi/Paper Twisted Seam Pants?

1 person likes this.
  9. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with experimenting and trying new things if you have the funds for it. I'm still very much at that stage. I have a decent idea of where I wanna take it, but if you look at my wardrobe right now it's pretty incoherent taken as a whole, and I think that can come across in some of my outfits.

1 person likes this.
  10. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

i have those washi pants if those are from ss12. they're really nice for warmer weather when you want to wear long pants because they're super breezy

2 people like this.
  11. raags

raags Well-Known Member

Are they super lightweight? It's winter here in Australia. How do they fit on you? If I remember correctly you are near the same height (short) and weight (skinny) as I am.

12. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

they are quite lightweight. definitely only for warmer weather. i sized down on them, but i regret doing so. i have relatively skinny legs, so they work, but they're a bit tighter than how i'd like them. my size 2 devoas definitely fit better. going tts is the best idea imo. i'm pretty much a true 46 all around, but at my skinniest (which is not now...because winter is stouts/porter season...), i can wear a 44 if they're not too slim.

1 person likes this.
  13. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    needles jkt

1 person likes this.
  14. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I like everything but the zip-out hood in the collar.

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  15. BreezyBirch

BreezyBirch Well-Known Member

I wish it had dragon on back! only on sleeves. gonna try it on next week

16. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

I think I'm gonna pass on it. It looks a bit cropped and I have a long torso

17. MightyDuck

MightyDuck Active Member

I havent had any experience with their leather but I can vouch for the quality of the MKI black range, I bought one of their black wool coats in 24 oz melton wool,
    Its good especially considering the price,

18. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

Well it's warm now and we may have jumped right into summer.
    I really like both, can't afford either, will be partially irresponsible one way or another

Tencil/cupra flowy ultra light shirt jacket thing
    Or layering wool piece for next winter? Personally am inclined toward the former

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

former for me, latter for you

20. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

the longer belted wool thing is nicer and a better length so i would get the shirt jacket thing (or the longer belted wool thing)