1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

neither

2 people like this.
  2. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link—just what I needed. Some of those huaraches look pretty awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    3 people like this.
  3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Looking for a denim jacket.
    Both of these seem pretty decent for raw's that are lighter weight (10-12oz). But I have no experience with neither Edwin or Nudie. Leading towards Edwin purely because I like the look of more of their clothes, but clueless either way in terms of quality, fit etc.

Edwin (below)
    [​IMG]

Nudie (below) - Like that there's no pockets, but the two rows of button hole things on each side of the placket are a little weird if they stand out in person.
    [​IMG]

Also, looking for a pair of washed denim for the summer since my old raws just blew out and I don't feel like working in a new pair all summer.
    I haven't bought washed denim in a long time, but like the look of both of these Fabric Brand & Co ones. I have no clue about the brand. They are expensive but are japanese selvedge and the washes look good, which is pretty rare for denim imo. Any body familiar with Fabric Brand? Can't find any measurements anywhere in terms of fit.

Black Ash
    [​IMG]

Sunny Indigo
    [​IMG]
    ^^ Probably a better option/look for summer. But that black wash looks pretty dope too.
    Thanks

4. smdbitchh

smdbitchh Well-Known Member

I was just in the market for a denim jacket so I was looking at a bunch as well.

Not familiar with either of these but in my search I came across a bunch of cool ones that you could check out as well unless you are set on one of these.

-railcar finegoods type 2 denimjacket
    -rogue territory supply jacket
    -apc's new raw denim work jacket.

Ended up getting the apc and a tan one from rogue territory but all looked really nice. No stores carried the railcar in my area so didnt get to try it on but heard really good things.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Yeah I've looked at RgT, I'm a big fan of his denim, not sure about the supply jacket though. I'm not a fan of APC at all though. I'd prefer a good washed jacket but "good" washes are hard to come by. Both of those I posted are in the cheaper range (under $200).

6. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Atrium NYC carries Fabric Brand and they have free shipping and returns so you can try it from there. Looks like they have the light blue jeans but not the black ones.

7. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I want a more versatile knit. A lot of mine can only be worn specific ways and I end up reaching for the Stark too much.

1 person likes this.
  8. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Well-Known Member

9. einstine

einstine Well-Known Member

@kingjulien Who makes that?

10. Auximenes

Auximenes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Yay or nay ? I'm mostly wondering what would you wear these shoes with ? @el Bert you have similar ones ? are they versatile enough ?

9 people like this.
  11. artishard116

artishard116 Well-Known Member

yes.

2 people like this.
  12. ChetB

ChetB Well-Known Member

Margiela

13. KingJulien

KingJulien Well-Known Member

Which one of you bought it [​IMG] PM me if it doesn't work out.

14. LelandJ

LelandJ Well-Known Member

Not sure how puffy the bottom of the shawl drapes, maybe the tri-fold neck will balance it.

15. LelandJ

LelandJ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Need some light grey to grey shoes, wondering if I should hold out for something margiela.

16. el Bert

el Bert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. nevergreen

nevergreen Well-Known Member

i like the stock photo but i really dislike how it looks on the model. i think. something about it looks off

1 person likes this.
  18. coolron

coolron Well-Known Member

Model looks like he's a skinnier and younger version of Bane from the Dark Knight Rises.

2 people like this.
  19. mer6

mer6 Well-Known Member

I've been interested in the matching sneakers for so long, but I don't have the spare $$ to plop down on them. Please someone, buy them and take my irrational want away.

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

That Junya piece is awful, looks like the sewing job my mom did on my jackets in middle school

5 people like this.