• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Reaction score
If you go 17,500 cals below maintenance you can. Have fun.

denm bar

Reaction score
i asked scott (unlucky) to create a portfolio/clutch for me and went back and forth with him on the design.
a few questions now:
should i make this more rectangular(by shortening the height)? ...and add a 3rd pouch?

do you plan on trying to fit a laptop or actual inside of it? if not, going rectangular would look more sleek and subtle IMO

ashy

Reaction score

Yay or nay?

If nay, any alternative brown leather chukkas to suggest?

sexonfabric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received those light wash geller jeans. Fit is spot on, nothing of jegging calf or diaper butt to speak of. I sized down one on the waist size (more like in between sizes and wen with the lower one) and they fit great. They are super faded though...but what I was after.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do you plan on trying to fit a laptop or actual inside of it? if not, going rectangular would look more sleek and subtle IMO

just an ipad, a moleskine, wallet+keys, pen and maybe a book/mag.

the measurements are 12 by 15 so im hoping its just the angle making it look square :eek:

Last edited:

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looks awesome, but can't get over the fact that it reminds me of a polo shirt...

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just an ipad, a moleskine, wallet+keys, pen and maybe a book/mag.
the measurements are 12 by 15 so im hoping its just the angle making it look square :eek:

Snow this is really nice, how much?

Also did he branch into non hypebeast leather good now?? Thats awesome.

I sorta want one,

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Snow this is really nice, how much?
Also did he branch into non hypebeast leather good now?? Thats awesome.
I sorta want one,

i guess, i was actually hoping it was a thick chromexcel with the hand stitching stitching :eek: ...kind of a briefcase vibe.

the leather is bridle so im not sure if hes completely out of hypebeast leather haha.

cost me 200 shipped. i was going to do 3 pouches but because i thought it was going to be thicker leather i reduced it to 2.

..when it comes in i might ask for a third haha

i call it the 'twin clutch' btw :D

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This color (steel gray) shows up almost lavender on some shop pics. Anybody seen these in person?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This color (steel gray) shows up almost lavender on some shop pics. Anybody seen these in person?

I gave those some thought but figured I would have a hard time matching them with anything other than a simple shorts and t shirt outfit...

I kinda want a pair of those canvas ones (the new painted gats minus the paint). Still, struggle with the perceived versatility of those as well...

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't you have like 8 pairs of white/grey shoes? **** versatility, get something fun :)

lol, you make a valid point.... and its kind of the reason I wanted to get the canvas ones.. :) Even if I would only wear them a handful of times a year

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up keeping the neon turqoise GATs and I've probably worn them like 3x a week since, haha. Versatility isn't such a big deal, especially if you have a pretty monochromatic wardrobe anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads