1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kronik, Jun 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Crakaveli

Crakaveli Well-Known Member

2. Jokerman

Jokerman Well-Known Member

3. nahneun

nahneun Well-Known Member

I picked these up on Yoox but have never owned a pair of Dior jeans before. I'm a little hesitant that they may look like acid washed jeans. Anybody know what type these are? yoox
    They look like the 21cm mist wash, but I'm not sure. DEFINITELY not the acid wash though. Those things look totally different.

4. Jokerman

They look like the 21cm mist wash, but I'm not sure. DEFINITELY not the acid wash though. Those things look totally different.

Definitely not mist or acid wash. I dunno what it is but not those 2.

5. nahneun

Definitely not mist or acid wash. I dunno what it is but not those 2.

Hmm, you're right. I didn't look closely enough at the stitching.

6. newinny

newinny Well-Known Member

I wish they were "mist", found a picture. like the darker look.

[​IMG]

7. Jokerman

I wish they were "mist", found a picture. like the darker look.
    [​IMG]

Honestly the mists are my favorite pair of Dior Homme Jeans and I have about 4-5 different pairs.

8. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

9. nahneun

[​IMG]

nice

10. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

g transistor, go for the sebago's. I think I'll be kopping a pair at some point.

11. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

g transistor, go for the sebago's. I think I'll be kopping a pair at some point.

Do you know of any sites that stock it? I've only found the Sebago site which stocks it at full retail and some eBay stockists. I'm trying to look for a place that I can maybe take advantage of a sale sometime.

12. Lel

Lel Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I really, really like this. For $110 it doesn't look to be bad either... I've been digging a lot of the whole nautical thing lately (though I can never really get into the boat shoe craze, but these boot things I'm really attracted to) especially with Rogues Gallery stuff.

RG had a really sweet one made by Quoddy but the cheapest I can find those are around $400.

[​IMG]

Which really looks better? I'm leaning towards Sebago right now just because of the price. Or if anyone knows any other alternatives that would be cool too!

I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to put it out in non-distressed leather, or for Sperry's to do the same. All we see is the same regurgitation of boat shoes from every brand possible yet the only "boat boots" I've seen are Rogues Gallery (too expensive, only black available now), these, and Quoddy (who make Rogues Gallery...). On a side note, I think Quoddy can custom make boat boots and I think the price is around $250, worth checking out if you are inbetween those and Rogues Gallery.

13. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

I don't understand why it's so difficult for them to put it out in non-distressed leather, or for Sperry's to do the same. All we see is the same regurgitation of boat shoes from every brand possible yet the only "boat boots" I've seen are Rogues Gallery (too expensive, only black available now), these, and Quoddy (who make Rogues Gallery...). On a side note, I think Quoddy can custom make boat boots and I think the price is around $250, worth checking out if you are inbetween those and Rogues Gallery.
    Sebago has one in brown that isn't pre-distressed. The pre-distressing on the Sebagos was a turn off for me, but I've been told that when handling in person the distressing isn't as "in your face" as the photos. I'll definitely look into custom Quoddy boat boots, sounds like a great deal. EDIT: I looked into the Quoddy deck boots, and they look pretty nice. Essentially looks like the Sebagos (without pre-distressing) and is $299, but you can have them custom make sizes and widths and whatnot. I'm going to assume that the quality is better with Quoddy since...it's Quoddy. I might try to find a place B&M that stocks the Sebago Lighthouses to see how the distressing is really like, I'll try to take some pictures too. Here are the Quoddy ones: [​IMG]

14. Landwehr

Landwehr New Member

15. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

Are these too boring? JCrew cashmere cardigans, both on sale at $150:

[​IMG]
    By DLester

[​IMG]
    By DLester

16. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

150 for a cardi, you could do a bit better...but they're going to be 100% cashmere. Do you like them? They look pretty boring but if you're into that.

17. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you can afford em, go for it.

18. spreadcollar

spreadcollar Well-Known Member

do not buy for first suit.

Couldn't get pics because Holt has no mirrors not in plain sight :p It's reduced from 1400 and the constructions is excellent. It would be my first suit though, which is why I hesitated on it. Can you really not wear cotton in the fall?

19. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    By DLester

[​IMG]
    By DLester

I love em. They have a slightly retro preppy look, with the trim. Nice. But yeah, I'd be reluctant to go 150 for them. J. Crew makes a cashmere/cotton blend version of their cardigans for much less.

20. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    By DLester

[​IMG]
    By DLester

i dig the first one.