1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

'Should' I have a Crombie overcoat tailored ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by petestaunch, Oct 10, 2012.

1. petestaunch

petestaunch New Member

This is my first post. I am not sure if I am meant to post an introduction first, so apologies if I am meant to do that.

I have a crombie overcoat. A single breasted. I have dropped quite a few sizes and it's now simply far too big for me, though thankfully ok on the shoulders.

I know I can get it taken in by a tailor, but it was quite expensive and am not sure if it would be better to sell it and get a smaller one.

I have dropped at least 40 lbs, 3 inches on my chest and 4 inches on my waist. It needs a lot of taking in.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

Not only would alteration be expensive, but the end result might not look good. Instead, sell and buy a smaller overcoat.

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

How much will it cost to have it altered?
    How much do you like the coat?
    Will it still look as good after alteration?
    How much will it cost to buy a coat that fits.

Answer those questions, and you can answer your own question.