1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shopping in Naples Today

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by marcodalondra, Apr 14, 2012.

1. yasu10s

yasu10s Well-Known Member

Nice stuff, Marco!
    Are you making anything up this time? I might stop by Volpe's next month to make a couple of suits.

Yasu

1 person likes this.
  2. marcodalondra

marcodalondra Well-Known Member

Hi Yasu,

Not this time. IT was just an impulse buy. I have also two three piece suits and a sport jacket with him that I am still due to attend a first fitting but I am at my heaviest in 10 years and want to shed some weight before I finalise these.

I have another two suit length, several sport jackets and flannel trousers unfounded that will also find their way to the tailor once I am back in shape....

3. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

buonanno shut down? that's a big loss. great shop

4. marcodalondra

over a year ago, you can buy fried calzone now in its place

1 person likes this.
  5. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

sad times

6. mactire

mactire Well-Known Member

Any more suggestions for this thread?

I'm planning on Cilento, Cappelli, Marinella, Piccolo. Are there others to add to the list, especially for RTW or footwear?

7. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Well-Known Member

There's a shoe shop on via calabritto, i was there once but didn't purchase anything. They do also bespoke at reasonable prices, though quality is far from Meccariello...
    For ties i would suggest to visit Cappelli rather than Marinella...he has a very nice shop

8. marcodalondra

Please note Cilento had changed Location. Another option for shirting would be Esposito which is located no far from Sartoria Volpe/Caccioppoli.
    Argenio is missing from your list which is probably worth a pit stop as they may have something interesting. I also often stop at the Gallo (socks) boutique near Piazza Dei Martiri.

In terms of RTW footware, Campanile used to be a good option but after they went burst and reopened under different management, the product is not the same as far as I have seen.

I guess the shop you are referring too in Via Calabritto was Ferrante? Same courtyard as Merolla (shirts)?

I think Marinella shop is worth a visit but I agree Cappelli is better Value by far.

2 people like this.
  9. dfoverdx

dfoverdx Well-Known Member

Yes, Ferrante.. Prices are really reasonable, construction quality seems not bad as well but lasts were not very elegant...

10. brax

brax Well-Known Member

While I don't remember it very well, my Naples notes include Valli for fabric. Rubinacci is worth a visit but it is much smaller than I expected. Although I have not visited, my notes also mention Antonio Munro and Calabrese 1924 (near the train station) for ties. I bought a couple of fantastic umbrellas at Talarico. Finally, I have a cryptic note about a fabric shop near Duomo. I have no recollection of this that.

11. chobochobo

chobochobo Well-Known Member

Is the calzone good?

12. marcodalondra

It is ok, is a small chain with 2 outlet in the city and one in Milan (Esterina Sorbillo). One of the partner goes often on Food Shows on TV

13. mactire

mactire Well-Known Member

While I think of it is there a place anyone can recommend for RTW in Naples? I've no access to Caruso or the other good italian RTW/MTM where I am so would like to have a look at them as well.

14. marcodalondra

A lot of those brands are not available in Naples. The last shop that had sartorial menswear of any note was Blasi but it shut in the 90's. Brands like Kiton, Barba, Partenopea do not even have shops in Naples. The CEO of Barba in an interview to an Italian paper stated that they never targeted the Neapolitan Market as there is still a strong tradition to have garments made by artisans, translated: they would not pay for RTW tailored clothing when they can bespoke for less...

2 people like this.
  15. aristoi bcn

aristoi bcn Well-Known Member

Attolini and Rubinacci sell high end RTW in their shops in Chiaia.

If you want something more contemporary Salvatore Piccolo RTW is worth a look.

I don't remember if Magnifique or Cilento had RTW tailoring available but it would be possible.

ps: Sartoria Partenopea doesn't exist anymore, Mauro Blasi, related to the family has "replaced" it with his brand.

16. marcodalondra

Actually Magnifique, Argenio and Cilento do have some options, good shout.

Attolini, although a fairly recent opening (last 6-7 years), is one of the few that tried to open an RTW tailoring shop in Naples in the last decade (Borrelli being the other one). Rubinacci has always sold RTW but the Value of it .... There are shops around the city selling high end international brands and the odd local brands, I know some in the Vomero area

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017