1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shoes: Your most complimented pair of shoes (that youre not afraid to wear regularly)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Nov 26, 2010.

1. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

All my shoes get compliments, most of all women in particular notice that I wear different shoes with different clothes. This surprises them, I guess because most men don't seem to have more than one pair of bad shoes. Recently my Moreschi two-tone peccary cap toes have been getting a lot of love, but I think the brogue boots get the most compliments all round from men and women - I have the Burfords from Loake's 1880 range.

2. meister

meister Well-Known Member

My Cliffords get a few compliments and someone said something nice about my shiney burgundy EG Monmouths yesterday which I wore for the first time in 2 years. Some of the vintage spades get some compliments too...

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen do not comment on other people's clothes. It's in bad taste and only the lower classes do this stuff. If you notice something you like you keep it to yourself.

4. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

You came to the wrong place if you think it rude to comment on people's clothes.

5. Aqualung

Or perhaps you're in the wrong place kid. This thread was started by revolting who is always starting nonsense threads like this. Obviously an insecure boy. And btw, I didn't say it was rude to make a comment but it just isn't done amonst some people.

6. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

ooohhhhh you called me kid, that'll make me listen to you!

7. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

^^^ What are these if u don't mink me asking.

My most complemented:

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for you if those are the types of people you hang around. Sad.

9. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

In what fucking world do you live in where it's rude to complement someone?

10. Aqualung

Apparently not in the same world as yours where people use fucking as an adjective

And btw, I said it simply wasn't done and not necessarily rude.

11. mcbrown

mcbrown Well-Known Member

Depending on the circumstances, many people do not care to be complemented. Most do appreciate a nice compliment, however.

12. rathebaindc

rathebaindc Well-Known Member

My most complemented: [​IMG][​IMG]

[/quote] These are simply awful

13. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

My most complemented:

People, the word is compliment. Sorry, pet peeve. :hide:

14. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

This is the biggest bollocks I've read on this forum probably. I don't need to reel off countless examples, because everyone knows it is. Excuse my language, Your Highness.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  15. Sixth_Sense

Sixth_Sense Well-Known Member

16. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

I find it funny how some people on this forum imagine some fairy-tale upper-echelon of high-society where nobody swears and Emily Post is followed to the letter. I really doubt that has existed in an appreciable sense for the last half-century.

3 people like this.
  17. gentpax

gentpax Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have lots of nice shoes that most folks are blind to... but these Peals from BB get noticed.

18. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

19. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Quote:
    He doesn't hang around with those kinds of people. He just imagines that he should. It's misguided aspirationalism masquerading as social knowledge. And those kinds of people are not what he imagines them to be at all anyway. I went to university with the kinds of upper class twits that Aqualung believes he knows about and they were, as a group, boorish, crude and had no manners whatsoever. There were nice individuals, of course.

20. Gorpomon

Gorpomon Well-Known Member

Same with me, I have shoes (very similar to yours) that get complimented, but the undercurrent is that people are just shocked I care about shoes enough to have a pair like this and know how to wear them. The women (mostly women) have told me several times they like that someone they know really tries. I should be asking if I'm executing well though

I always appreciate any compliment, but I have to admit, it is depressing that just trying in today's society is enough to elicit a compliment.

OH, and concerning:

Quote: From what I can tell, that's the whole point of this forum, to comment and talk about clothes with people who care about them, in whatever capacity we wish to talk about them. If we all got together IRL and just ragged on scrubs in public, then that would be in bad taste (ragging on people at any time is in poor taste, you don't know their life circumstances), but talking about clothes with like-minded people on the internet be in bad taste? Hardly.