• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes: Who makes what for whom.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelessRider
It probably also refers to the seam going through the side.
You're right. I haven't noticed. This design has a seperate pair of counters.
What the French would call a demi-chasse, unlike the Dover, which is a chasse.

c55

Reaction score
Who makes the Brooks Brothers "Made in Italy" Handmades? I just picked a pair up at the outlet for $46
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by c55
Who makes the Brooks Brothers "Made in Italy" Handmades? I just picked a pair up at the outlet for $46
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Do they have the "Vero Cuoio" stamp on the sole? If yes, they are most likelly made by Santoni FAM who is one of the founding members of the all powerful Vero Cuoio Consortium.

pejsek

Reaction score
I haven't looked at Brooks Brothers for ages. But, mussel, are you really suggesting that Santoni makes shoes for Brooks Brothers up to Fatte a mano standards? Or am I just missing part of the joke?

c55

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Do they have the "Vero Cuoio" stamp on the sole? If yes, they are most likelly made by Santoni FAM who is one of the founding members of the all powerful Vero Cuoio Consortium.

No, just handmade in italy and brooks brothers. I emailed them off the website, we'll see if they respond. They seem to be clearing these out at these prices. They also had a bunch of the alden penny's and some other italians in wierd sizes for $46 - should have grabbed and flipped on ebay, but didn't want to deal with it. If anyone is interested, these are at the outlet in Maine.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimelessRider
I see these Barney's EGs pop-up time-to-time on a Japanese auction site. Never come across these in person.

I think those EGs were produced for Barneys Japanese stores. Have anyone seen any EGs at Barneys US stores? I believe Barneys Japanese stores are operated by Isetan as a franchisee.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Who makes Canali shoes. Canali shoes really stepped up in terms of quality. I remember they were being typical blake shoes, but now they are good-year or rapid blake.

i don't think anyone in this thread answered this question yet: campanile makes shoes for canali now. great antiqueing job on their leathers as well, if i may add.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grenson and Alfred Sargent for Shipton & Heneage. I think I read here that some Italain made Brooks are made by Martegani. The problem with this list is that it changes from season to season.

misterjase

Reaction score
I had thought that Alfred Sargent made shoes for quite a lot of retailers.

I was told that Edward Green make RTW for Foster & Sons.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones makes Foster and Sons RTW. I believe Edward Green made F&S RTW before that.

walneal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MilanoStyle
Who makes Canali shoes. Canali shoes really stepped up in terms of quality. I remember they were being typical blake shoes, but now they are good-year or rapid blake.

+ 1
i saw a pair of canali shoes on sale at approx 300 usd and they are attractive!

and who made shoes for Gieves & Hawkes?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by misterjase
I was told that Edward Green make RTW for Foster & Sons.

Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Crockett & Jones makes Foster and Sons RTW. I believe Edward Green made F&S RTW before that.

Edward Green supplied recently an order of, maybe, half a dozen different designs to Foster & Son. Although they only are marked with the Foster name, as member "˜culverwood' reported, Foster & Son did send e-mails to existing clients, stressing that they offer EG-made shoes as stock items again. Some styles are made on the very old last 88.

Foster & Son stocks reay-to-wear shoes at various price points, some of the cheaper ranges come from either Cheaney or Barker (maybe both).

Originally Posted by walneal
...and who made shoes for Gieves & Hawkes?

Everybody in Northampton has made shoes for Gieves at one time. The current crop is from Cheaney.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads