1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

shoes to wear with jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mike1423, Aug 13, 2011.

1. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

Cole haan makes a lot of styles, most overpriced for the quality. And unless the jeans are black or gray, you should not be wearing black shoes with them.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  2. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

You guys are shitting me right?! Do people reaaaaally need to ask about how to wear shoes with a damn pair of jeans?

3. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

This place is called styleforum. We discuss style here.

Considering how horrible the shoes most people wear in general are, and how most wear ugly white trainers with jeans, yes, the question sometimes needs to be asked. There aren't a whole lot of people who even understand the fundamentals, much less the next level stuff often discussed here. Nail the basics and you look better than at least 80% of the masses out there, if not more. But many don't have the slightest clue where to start with that, and if SF can serve any purpose beyond intellectual masturbation, it's helping people with that.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  4. epa

epa Well-Known Member

+1.

I personally like to wear suede with jeans. Suede derby laceups, or monks, or double monks (yes), and, in the cooler part of the year, brown chelseas.
    Or suede sneakers.

5. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

OP, with jeans you can wear pretty much everything. Some members say nay to black shoes with jeans, others feel fine with them.

If you have the cojones, try stingray shoes.

6. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  7. epa

epa Well-Known Member

Obiously you can wear pretty much everything (or anything),but I guess that the OP was asking for things that may look good. I think that the texture of a lot of denim almost calls for suede.

8. kev777

kev777 Well-Known Member

+1

Anything in suede looks good with jeans especially Chukka's IMHO

9. usctrojans31

usctrojans31 Well-Known Member

I really like the look of my AE Charleston and Strand (both in walnut) with a pair of dark denim.

10. ShelterIslandMike

ShelterIslandMike Well-Known Member

I have seen guys look good in jeans with all sorts of shoes and even Chuck Taylors or Jack Purcells. For me, I don't feel right wearing cap toes or any type of balmoral. They look ok, but I just don't feel right. I wear chukkas, loafers, boots and even wingtips. Less formal fits better with my mind set when I'm wearing jeans (501s, by the way).

11. naviator

naviator Member

What I wear, in ROUGH ascending order of casualness:
    Chuck Taylors - This kind of sneaker gives you a relaxed look without looking like a moron
    Bass Brockton nubucks: off-white with the red sole - this is a very classic American look.
    Bass Weejun - the true great American penny loafer - these things go with damn near everything.
    Allen Edmonds McCallister - classic wingtip with balmoral closure. Works surprisingly well with jeans.

12. dasai

dasai Well-Known Member

I wouldn't consider plain calfskin shoes with jeans unless they've got a lot of broguing (this applies to sneakers as well; don't be the guy who rocks white NewBalance basketball shoes with jeans). Otherwise, suede, scotch grain, and canvas are your friends.

13. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

Just be careful when wearing raw denim with light colored shoes. They will bleed and damage your shoes. My Clarks DB and few other light colored shoes have been damaged by raw denims. Also be careful with suede shoes.