1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shoe trees for sneakers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by josepidal, Aug 1, 2007.

1. josepidal

josepidal Well-Known Member

This will sound silly, but how many of you put shoe trees in their sneakers?

Obviously, this is not to have them hold their shape, but perhaps to absorb odor.

I was thinking of putting Epics in sneakers where they will not do any more damage. Incidentally, I had the opportunity to compare them to an Edward Green tree, and they are roughly the size of a UK 8E/F tree, except the wide heel and waist do not taper at the bottom to conform to beveled waists.

2. kolecho

kolecho Well-Known Member

It does sound silly.

3. Omegablogger

Omegablogger Well-Known Member

If it goes on my feet it gets trees. My "retro" ones get a normal tree, more athletic styles I use the type with the spring. And yes it does feel a little silly.

4. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

if you want to prevent odor you may want to buy those little ball thingys they sell at champs/footlocker/etc that "absorb" odor and give it a nice new scent. probably cheaper too.

5. josepidal

Yeah, I know it's an expensive solution but I have useless Epics sitting here that are dangerous when put in my dress shoes.

6. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

IMHO sneakers arent a long term investment so I dont use trees in them. At best they last 5 years and they aren't resolable

Some people buy rare shoes as an investment or to collect. but in those cases they dont even wear them, so again, no need for a tree. I have a ton of sneakers too.

7. upnorth

upnorth Well-Known Member

Why did you say the epics were dangerous for your dress shoes? Were they too large?

Cedar shoe trees are abit of a luxury for sneakers but you might as well put the epics to use rather than have them lying around.

8. josepidal

Too wide at the lower waist and heel; stretched out shoes and made them too loose.

9. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

You can always have the waist and heel sanded.