1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shoe tree sale at the Rack

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roger Everett, Jun 7, 2011.

1. barzen

barzen Well-Known Member

2. repp_fink

repp_fink Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the nearest Sym's to me is 3 states east of where I live. Do you know if they do mail order?

I don't believe so; there's nothing on their website to indicate it. I'll have to ask next time I'm there (usually only for the odd tie or shoe trees).

3. otc

otc Well-Known Member

4. Booter

Booter Well-Known Member

Wait...what do your nordstrom rack trees look like?

Now that I saw some pictures, I am pretty sure the woodlore ones that are usually $12 look like this:
    http://www.onecedarlane.com/imagethu...pg&w=240&h=240

They have full heels and look fine to me.

Yes, they look exactly like this.

5. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

It looks like you can get some Rochester shoe trees online, and there are some discounts going on now:

http://www.onecedarlane.com/products.php?catid=2

Not $12/pair, but it's probably the best I could do out on the west coast.

I don't believe so; there's nothing on their website to indicate it. I'll have to ask next time I'm there (usually only for the odd tie or shoe trees).

Thanks guys!

Wait...what do your nordstrom rack trees look like?

Now that I saw some pictures, I am pretty sure the woodlore ones that are usually $12 look like this:
    http://www.onecedarlane.com/imagethu...pg&w=240&h=240

They have full heels and look fine to me.

Nordstrom Rack, at least where I live, carries 2 brands of split-toe shoe trees: the Rochester ones and the Woodlore ones. I find them to be very similar in both appearance and quality.

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

There's nothing horrible about the trees from Nordy's (not Rack) when you pick them up during their anniversary sale for like $12-$15. Out of 10+ I own, a couple may have had a minor splinter. They are certainly not as nice as those that come with Vass, G&G or RLPLs, but whatevs. They do the job, and I have had not one break on me. I rather use the money I save on something else. They're just shoe trees.

7. JamesX

JamesX Well-Known Member

Nordstrom Rack, at least where I live, carries 2 brands of split-toe shoe trees: the Rochester ones and the Woodlore ones. I find them to be very similar in both appearance and quality.
    Go with the one with a fuller heel. The Wood Lore ones I have doesn't have as nice heel as the Rochester ones.

8. Mr.Pooter

Mr.Pooter Active Member

I've been buying Woodlore cedar shoe trees at Nordstrom Rack since I discovered that they sell them @ 12.90 instead of the 20 something I'd been paying. But walked in the other day and noticed they have them on sale @ $9.90 till mid month. They're the combo trees ( split ), Which I prefer. Don't think the price can be beat.

There are 2nds in shoe trees too. Just beause it has a certain name on it doesn't mean it's the same tree as one that sells for a higher price. Take a look at it if it's cedar. Does it look like it's 80% pinkish or is it more whitish which would be a 2nd even though to the inexperienced eye you think they're the same as the more expensive pried ones from Woodlore.

9. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

I guess I've been lucky. Been buying them for years (over 40 pairs) and never had any problems.
    They seem to always go on sale for Father's Day.

10. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

I do not understand why people need to cheap out on the shoe trees. People on this board spend so much money on quality shoes, why not spend the little extra for shoe trees. The last set I ordered from one of our vendors I got 4 for the price of 3 and it came to @18.00 dollars each and they fit great and I intend to get more and sell my overpriced Alden ones.

What is it that you don't understand? Because you are doing the same thing. You plan to replace your more costly Alden trees with some cheaper $18 trees. My Rack $13 trees work fine with my Alden shoes.

[​IMG]

11. SVC

SVC Well-Known Member

Any idea if the Nordstrom Rack in Union Square still has these in stock for the current sale?

12. easy_golfing

easy_golfing Well-Known Member

13. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

Someone proxy smalls for me to Australia please!

14. kentyman

kentyman Well-Known Member

[Cross-post from Allen Edmonds Appreciate Thread.]

I realize this sale is over, but still wanted to ask this. Have y'all noticed that the sizing is confusingly different when getting from Nordstrom Rack? The websites of Allen Edmonds and Woodlore both seem to agree on the following sizes:

[​IMG]

However, both times I went to the rack I found that size Small only goes up to size 7.5. This was both on the box and on the following sign:

[​IMG]

Is that because they don't specify width and want to ensure it works for EEE? Presumably there's no difference and I should stick with the online chart, right? Incidentally, I wear 8.5D or 9D depending (though I measure 9.5D on a Brannock device), so I'm still unsure if I should be buying Small or Medium.

15. Bertrand

Bertrand Active Member

rack shoe tree are alright, they do their job

16. Sam H

Sam H Well-Known Member

I use these in all my shoes..reading this thread post bump, I can't really tell what people mean about "full heel"..the wood lore from rack seem fine for unfinished cedar shoe trees. I do notice some splintering, but ultimately my shoes seem to all be in good shape (reasonsably so)