1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shoe Toe 101

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steelmd, Jan 26, 2013.

1. steelmd

steelmd Member

I'm going to order two at a time

2. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

For bespoke suits, best way to approach is to order a three piece suit and a double breasted jacket up front so that the tailor has all the patterns for future orders.

And IMO for bespoke shoes, funding allowed, it's best to order a pair of loader, pair of Oxford so the maker has lasts for all future orders. Or if you want to dive deeper, a round toe last, a square toe last, and loafer last. But only few makers can do both round and square toe last well.

3. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Well-Known Member

Thats so true, personally I dont like Vass square toes. But he do some really nice round shaped lasts. Best on square/chiseled or soft square i think Tony Gaziano is.

4. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Cleverley and G&G ate both very good with chisel toes. G&G is sometimes too gaudy IMO, even compared to the French makers.

JLP, Fosters, and JL SJ are all very good with round toes, IMO.

5. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Well-Known Member

I agree with you that their deco and TG73 may seem a bit too much. But I like them :slayer: