• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ordered directly from Rancourt. They even customized! Longer vamp etc. Very easy to work with and a 1 week turnaround....

And they use horween shell cordovan?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not just cosmetic things. They just feel very flimsy and light compared to EG and G&G, JL and other higher end shoes. When I think of an English shoe I think of something very solid and sturdy, C&J isn't that at all.

That's why most of the models they have would be £100 plus, except JB ST. C collection which is about £900 per pair

TBH there is not much UK local brand that can compare to C&J handgrade is it? The cheaney will not be able to tell until worn in

ANy suggestion? AS exclusive range? but they don't have a brick and mortal store!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's why most of the models they have would be £100 plus, except JB ST. C collection which is about £900 per pair
TBH there is not much UK local brand that can compare to C&J handgrade is it? The cheaney will not be able to tell until worn in
ANy suggestion? AS exclusive range? but they don't have a brick and mortal store!

I am not sure I understand your question. If you are asking for a brand that can compare to C&J handgrade I am not sure what to tell you. I mean AS primier, Barker Black, Cheaney. I think most of those at this level suffer from the same issues. I am sure part of it is the price point.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am not sure I understand your question. If you are asking for a brand that can compare to C&J handgrade I am not sure what to tell you. I mean AS primier, Barker Black, Cheaney. I think most of those at this level suffer from the same issues. I am sure part of it is the price point.

Yep, you are correct, but TBH some EG are flimsy, normal JL are overpriced, the only consistent shoe maker is perhaps G&G but their last are relatively narrow

Perhaps I am just not there yet, soon or later I will, and really for myself, your typical uni student, surely is doing great

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Special order summer shoes, courtesy of Rancourt. Like wearing slippers.....

003064f0.jpg

026b824a.jpg

3c2466d2.jpg

complete with a partial horween stamp. well done!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

complete with a partial horween stamp. well done!

post that to the horween stamp Appreciation thread!

Very, VERY nice shoes.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I heard about Meermin on SF a few weeks ago and decided to take a shot since they are very reasonably priced. Box showed up yesterday! I neglected to take pics until after I wore them but here goes (laces apparently loosened up a bit, should have re-tied for pics, oh well):

The "New Rey" last actually fits my foot really well. The closest thing I have to compare it to is probably the C&J 348 last. My wife got a pair of loafers with a heel that she loves too. Certainly for the price (212 Euros without VAT) I'll be ordering again. Mr. Albaladejo was a pleasure to deal with although TNT Shipping was a bit of a drag. Here's a link to Meermin's tumblr and Vimeo site, their main site doesn't really have anything on it yet.
http://meermin.tumblr.com/
http://vimeo.com/meermin/videos

Fred

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mmezgj.jpg

#8 saddle
argyles otc

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads