• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

new kojis - thx to the guys @ the armoury for recommending spigola (and for the kick @ss photography)

Bastard...they're my dream shoe configuration (oxblood? Brogue)...but Crazy Beautiful!!!

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've been on a "no new shoes" diet for the last couple of months - need to sort some things out for business and be sensible for a while. But my beloved future Mrs Mimo just dropped by with a parcel from Herring Shoes. Sneaky minx told me over lunch that she had to collect some dresses from DHL, but it was these, made by Cheaney and on my wish list for ages: Not in the league of all you high rollers around here - half price on clearance at a mere $200. But I really love the original "Henley", which I have in beige canvas and tan leather, and when the "Henley II" came out in grey canvas and chestnut calf, then appeared at half price in my size, I was kicking myself for agreeing not to buy new shoes. Now here they are, another perfect complement to my tropical weather linen suit collection. Made my week! Isn't it great when the ladies understand? :) Below: the original "Henley",that I've had for a while:
nephew, wear in good health

sdolina

Reaction score
Need an advise please.
I'm going to order MTM shoes in this style below, can't decide about leather.
What do you think - is it overkill to use hatch grain / willow calf / reindeer instead of normal leather?

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I'm going to order MTM shoes in this style below, is it overkill to use hatch grain / willow calf / reindeer instead of normal leather?

My advice is this: if you were that timid, the 360 degree contrast norwegian stitching, the double sole and even the whole idea of MTM, would have put you off in the first place. Adding some unusual texture into the mix seems entirely consistent with the rest of the choice, and I think if you make these in reindeer you'll merely be doubling up on awesomeness. If you're having something made just for you, why not do something that is hard to find anywhere else? Go for it, I say! I think they will be absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need an advise please. I'm going to order MTM shoes in this style below, can't decide about leather. What do you think - is it overkill to use hatch grain / willow calf / reindeer instead of normal leather?
Go full blown, friend! What an incredible shoe to do in reindeer. Congrats and fabulous choice.

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted any shoes lately and some really nice ones have shown up in the past weeks. Been working on my Vintage Shoes website, and many thanks to everyone who has posted lately. Kept me very entertained and motivated. Still trying to find the time to take all these pics!

Anyway, 1930's/ 1940's Stetsons (NOT the hat company):

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haven't posted any shoes lately and some really nice ones have shown up in the past weeks. Been working on my Vintage Shoes website, and many thanks to everyone who has posted lately. Kept me very entertained and motivated. Still trying to find the time to take all these pics!

Anyway, 1930's/ 1940's Stetsons (NOT the hat company):

So sleek. The loss of these companies was one of the greatest artistic losses in America IMO

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparison pics between the G&G Wigmore vis a vis AS Miller (square toe)
8467158664_b90e1b1075.jpg
8466062893_21394fee8d.jpg
Wigmore in the stable
8467159894_4a6d65e476.jpg

Fiddler

Reaction score
Need an advise please.
I'm going to order MTM shoes in this style below, can't decide about leather.
What do you think - is it overkill to use hatch grain / willow calf / reindeer instead of normal leather?

Is this St. Crispin...if so I have seen it on here, made in Inca leather which is a grain leather...it looks good.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trickers

delete

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads