1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

No way, man! He's a good friend and I would never dream of doing such a thing! NEVER!

Also, they're two and a half sizes too small for me [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

3. Darell John

Darell John Active Member

4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

Good it's that way around - turtles wearing alligator shoes is fine; alligators wearing turtle shoes would be a CITES violation.

1 person likes this.
  5. Staffer18283

Staffer18283 Well-Known Member

Got some shoes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  6. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

You sure did Staffer, very nice indeed :slayer:

7. VRaivio

VRaivio Well-Known Member

Here's a little something I have never seen before: wholecuts painted as spectators. Can you guess the maker?

[​IMG]

8. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Well-Known Member

I've seen these before (maybe in a shop) and I can't say I was particular keen. I thought they might have been Prada, but 'google image search' identified them as Ferragamo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SALVATORE-F...L-EDITION-SPECTATOR-9-5EE-ITALY-/351383503300

Here is 'Dandy Shoe Care' (Alexander Nurulaeff) doing the same sort of thing (at least painting on a false toe cap) on a pair of Justin FitzPatrick:

[​IMG]

http://dandyshoecare.tumblr.com/

1 person likes this.
  9. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

:cheers:

10. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

I think Mr Nurulaeff does remarkable things with his talents, especially in restoring, reviving and re-inventing older and less-loved shoes. The example above is not my thing at all, and in general I don't like the trend of "patinating" toe caps and the like, that seems to have become so mainstream. But there's an appreciable art form there in imagining and executing a dye-on-crust or re-dyed project, for which I have every respect nevertheless.

11. benhour

benhour Well-Known Member

Totally agree

12. meister

meister Well-Known Member

13. rabiesinfrance

rabiesinfrance Well-Known Member

Well, it's good and bad. Good for them, of course. Bad for (most of) the customers. You don't get much bang for your buck. Far too expensive, and out of the reach of many people. And at the lower end, upper one hundreds or low two hundreds you're not going to get something of quality that will last for years. You have to factor in re-soling etc which doesn't come cheap, and it's difficult to find a good cobbler on the high street. Many of them have pushed their prices up massively over the last few years. At the very top end, the prices have skyrocketed. Bespoke is absurdly expensive, and re-soling will cost half again of an original pair. It's a great pity that you can't get a really decent quality pair of shoes for £200 quid. So all in all they are luxury brands. At least the shoe industry is still going, though. For the average bloke, he's better off getting a good pair of walking boots for day to day use. Less expensive and he'd get more use out of them.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  14. Zapasman

Zapasman Well-Known Member

For the first time in many, many years and after much research and study here about shoes, I "only"spent 260 € in a pair of spanish shoes, my last adquisition. Yes, it is not the same quality , but I think I took a wise decisión. I hope asian consumers enjoy their babys and take care of them[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. meister

Pair of 1950s Australian Raoul Mertons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A famous 1960s comic used to advertise them by saying:

"You know they're hurtin' when you wearin' Raoul Merton.

In fact, they are so comfortable I had them on all day.

2 people like this.
  16. meister

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  17. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Well-Known Member

Some pics of my current collection:

[​IMG]

First row from left: Crockett & Jones Chelsea 5, Bexley Enfield, Yanko Chelsea, Carmina Jumper boot, J. FitzPatrick Wedgwood.
    Second row: Carmina 905 chukka, Wildsmith Sloane, Loake Aldwych, Italigente Venezia, Melker Shoes Plain cap toe oxford.
    Third row: Gaziano & Girling Hove, Cheaney Holyrood, Riccardo Bestetti Novecento Special oxford, Vass Double monk, Gaziano & Girling Cambridge.
    Forth row: Maftei Seamless wholecut, Antonio Meccariello Punched wholecut, Vass London 3-eyelet, Maftei 3-eyelet derby, Jan Kielman Quarter brogue.
    Fifth row: Italigente for Shoegazing Napoli, Alfred Sargent Hunt, Yanko Rawley, Riccardo Bestetti Novecento Maverick, John Lobb Towcester.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    15 people like this.
  18. benhour

benhour Well-Known Member

Jesper really beautiful collection and all pairs the one more beautiful than the other!! The thing i like is that they are all well cared! [​IMG]

19. meister

This... but the Italian/EUR stuff is just miles ahead of even the top British stuff for elegance and wow factor when seen en masse like this. Thanks for going to so much trouble.

20. manasdirge

manasdirge Well-Known Member

I have seen this on ebay, said it was ferragamo special edition, this series supposed to be made by paola scafora, I actually own a pair(split toe derby norvegese), best leather(and veg-tanned) I have seen.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.