1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shoe Boxes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bigbris1, Jan 25, 2009.

1. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one OCD about shoe boxes? I like to keep my shoes in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pair of shoes, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pair of shoes w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

2. CharlestonBows

CharlestonBows Well-Known Member

It's funny you ask this today, because I just finished shifting some things around in my closet and I'm the exact same way about shoe boxes.

It's never a deal breaker, though. If its the right shoe at the right price, I'll figure something out.

3. bigbris1

I have several emails out right now asking for a "replacement box". I wonder what the responses will be.

Also, I'm going to send my EG made PRL shoes to England for resole, mainly for the box.

4. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

never keep them, I would think they would eventually get too worn out or collapse if they're stacked high, that along with different sizes makes me not want to keep them. I buy clear plastic shoe boxes from the container store, makes stacking them easier.

5. Frogger42

Frogger42 Well-Known Member

I have several emails out right now asking for a "replacement box". I wonder what the responses will be.

Also, I'm going to send my EG made PRL shoes to England for resole, mainly for the box.

Do you mind if I ask the cost for the RLPL resole?

6. bigbris1

150ish GBP (awaiting reply from factory)

7. fcuknu

fcuknu Well-Known Member

hahaha, so thats why you asked if I had the boxes for the Churchs in your PM.... enjoy them btw [​IMG]

8. mdesq

mdesq Member

Many times, a pair of shoes w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

Awesome. People like you make it so people like me get "new w/o box" shoes on eBay for less money. I never keep the boxes.

9. bigbris1

hahaha, so thats why you asked if I had the boxes for the Churchs in your PM.... enjoy them btw [​IMG]

I put them on in the truck while driving up third. My wife was sure I'd have an accident.

Thanks again!

10. Yardsale

Yardsale Well-Known Member

I used to keep all my shoes in their respective boxes, now I've tried to reduce the # of shoes and they are lined up neatly displayed above my racks of clothes. I just need more shoe trees now.

11. Jacksdad

Jacksdad Well-Known Member

I would think that original boxes would fall apart after some time, take up too much room, and would make it more difficult to find the shoe you want.
    I simply place my shoes on shelves.
    I will say that I did purchase a pair of Kiton Chukka's recently and am thinking about keeping the box. It's actually too pretty to just discard.

If I had the room I would store my shoes like some of these people on MTV Cribs. Place them in a transparent box and have a polaroid picture on the front of it so you can easily recognize which shoe it is.

12. bigbris1

Awesome. People like you make it so people like me get "new w/o box" shoes on eBay for less money. I never keep the boxes.

Don't get me wrong, if it's a must have I will proceed, but I will also write the factory in hopes of scoring a box, especially since most "must have" shoes come in generic boxes where they write the shoe info on by hand.

13. bigbris1

I would think that original boxes would fall apart after some time, take up too much room, and would make it more difficult to find the shoe you want.
    I simply place my shoes on shelves.
    I will say that I did purchase a pair of Kiton Chukka's recently and am thinking about keeping the box. It's actually too pretty to just discard.

If I had the room I would store my shoes like some of these people on MTV Cribs. Place them in a transparent box and have a polaroid picture on the front of it so you can easily recognize which shoe it is.

Was that a Kimora Lee reference?

14. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Am I the only one OCD about shoe boxes? I like to keep my shoes in their respective boxes & when I purchase a pair of shoes, I like to have & keep the original box. Many times, a pair of shoes w/o the box is a potential deal breaker for me. Am I the only one?

That's psycho, dude.

15. distinctive

distinctive Well-Known Member

I like to keep them in the correct boxes as well personally and I think it helps to have when selling. I once payed Lobb $15 for a box

16. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

i tossed out my boxes

17. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

The minute I know that the shoe fits, I flatten the box and trash it with the recyclables. Pure clutter

18. bigbris1

The minute I know that the shoe fits, I flatten the box and trash it with the recyclables. Pure clutter

But then again you have that DIY pull out shoe display in your closet that is pure hotness. I would probably flatten the boxes in that instance also.

I seem to view all of my purchases with reselling in mind, probably why I feel this way. A pair of shoes are only complete with the box.

19. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

But then again you have that DIY pull out shoe display in your closet that is pure hotness. I would probably flatten the boxes in that instance also.
    Exactly. If the shoes are hot - why hide them?

20. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

Th ethought of keeping shoe boxes around makes me itchy.