1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shirt, Tie, Pocket Square for blue steel suit advice

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Zrngr, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Zrngr

Zrngr New Member

Hey, I want to first thank SF for the huge amount of knowledge and experience. I can say that I will never buy a fuzed jacket again and I am way more savvy than I was.

What I need some suggestions on is this SS suit I love. I want to wear more with it than just a white shirt, so what are your suggestions for patterns and colors. I'm thinking an off white or light beige shirt and a mid brown kit tie would work but other than that I am at a loss.

I think this tie : http://r.ebay.com/qL3RQV
    But what other ties could be an option?

What are your thoughts?
    [​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Off the top of my head, a burgundy or port grenadine tie, a navy knit or wool tie, and a blue and dream POW (Prince-of-Wales) tie would all work.

1 person likes this.
  3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Light blue shirts would work fine. Brown, burgundy, and navy grenadine ties would all work. Does the suit have a light brown windowpane?

1 person likes this.
  4. tjhe22

tjhe22 New Member

I am 54 can I wear a suit with narrow lapels

5. Zrngr

Zrngr New Member

Wow I totally didn't see the burgundy working but I can see it now. Thanks!

6. Zrngr

Zrngr New Member

Yeah it has a big check with the same color brown as the back of the vest, so I know I can work that color. What do you think about medium brown jeans? Kinda the opposite of a medium blue shirt with jeans and a brown sport coat.