1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shirt Sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by miksnake, Jan 7, 2013.

1. miksnake

miksnake Member

My shirts always seem to billow around the waist and in the arms. So, yesterday I picked up a slim fit shirt that seems to fit much better. However, I have a question about the fit.

The shirt is certainly much snugger, which is what I was going for. It doesn't billow nearly as much. However, if I cross my arms like I'm hugging myself, it definitely tightens in the lats and across the back. Is this normal or too tight?

Thanks.

2. atoms

atoms Well-Known Member

It's really hard to say. All shirts are going to tighten when you do that. The real question is, is it doing it too much (to the point where you'll tear the seams, can't drive a car, etc.). I couldn't tell you. Does the shirt have plackets in the back? They make a big difference.

Also, most shirts that fit well elsewhere can easily be tapered by a tailor. That's a very common alteration. You don't necessarily need to buy new shirts if they are too "billowy"

3. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

normal!!
    how often does your therapist tell you to hug yourself?