1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Shirt Buttoning Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Beckwith, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Beckwith

Beckwith Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite shirts have a slight problem. Actually two companies, Ralph Lauren, and Coles Shirtmakers. When I button the shirt, the last button sticks out of my pants, and the shirt starts to split apart. Would a snap of some sort, below the pant line solve this problem? Or would that disrupt the shirts ability to move with me?

2. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Take them to a tailor and have them add another button and button hole farther down the placket.

3. Beckwith

Beckwith Well-Known Member

Can that be done at most alteration tailors?

4. mbc

mbc Well-Known Member

Can that be done at most alteration tailors?
    Yep. Relatively simple operation. Cut a hole, sew a border around it, sew on a button. Shouldn't even cost too much.