1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

SF NYC Meetup Dicussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by GraphicNovelty, Jan 5, 2011.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

i am in, drinks and apps are on me but i need a weeknight. cannot do a sunday.

I'm arriving on the evening of the 16th, and will be there until the 19th. We are staying at the Ace.
    The Styleforum editorial team - me, Albert (Whodini), Pete (shore) and Jian (I never remember Jian's username) will be there covering Capsule and various other showrooms and venues for the next 2 and a half days, and we may or may not have too much time to play, but hey, people gotta eat, right?

Anyone who has ever professed to be a baller, or argued about it, you fuckers owe me dinner and drinks at the Breslin on Sunday night - and after a full day travelling from Idaho, I will be hungry. Anyway, if we have a big, committed group, I suppose that we can arrange for a table on Sunday night. I propose that we have a $20 deposit (paypal would work) as well, so that people actually show. No shows would get to feed other people.

The place is going to be crawling with fashion industry people, which usually means a lot of scruffy dudes and some better looking girls.

2. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

are you going?? shit. i may actually have to go now. uncontrol's presence may be motivation enough to lie to my new gf and say im going shopping as cover for hanging out with a bunch of internet "friends"

i would go but it seems this is gonna be this month and i'm there next month. too bad

3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I'll be there in spirit [​IMG]

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

i am in, drinks and apps are on me but i need a weeknight. cannot do a sunday.

Totally understand, being a family man myself. Besides, I'm sure that I'll only be partially coherent on Sunday. How about Monday night then (the 17th)? We will be knackered from work, and if Albert gets too drunk to go to Brooklyn to take pictures the next morning, I will "Natanize" him. Ask Natan what that means.

5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Obviously this doesn't work for the days everyone else has mentioned so far but I'll be in the city from the 8th to the 12th or so. Hit me if you want to get lunch or go to Uniqlo or something.

6. facebookdigg123

facebookdigg123 Well-Known Member

7. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

shit..3 day wkend and i will be tied up that mon so it does not wk for me...

8. Lane

Lane Well-Known Member

i would love to meet up with you guys

nothing better than trolling you guys irl

lmao, please go

9. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Well-Known Member

Totally understand, being a family man myself. Besides, I'm sure that I'll only be partially coherent on Sunday. How about Monday night then (the 17th)? We will be knackered from work, and if Albert gets too drunk to go to Brooklyn to take pictures the next morning, I will "Natanize" him. Ask Natan what that means.

See, I think I may have a slightly different definition of what being "Natanized" means. In my experience, it refers to when someone gets embarrassingly drunk, dances the night away with a cougar and then asks to sleep on the floor of your hotel room.

10. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

So what is the exact date that everyone is meeting? Will be good to see Kunk and Fok again, as well as meet the others.

11. Mblova

Mblova Well-Known Member

This groupmeet better be alpha as fuck.

12. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Well-Known Member

I vote for the 18th just because that monday is a holiday. Declaring it: Ace hotel, 6 pm, Tuesday Jan 19th Based on what people are saying, that works the best for most people.

13. scott.m

scott.m Well-Known Member

6 pm on a tuesday, is this a study date? I vote 9pm at the earliest regardless of the day.

14. delirium

delirium Well-Known Member

lol scott.

i can't deny that i'm curious...

does the place have good food?

15. thekunk07

17th is good, is that mlk day? if so tuesday would be good too

16. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

Im in whenever wherever.

17. thekunk07

i'll do this too

I vote for the 18th just because that monday is a holiday.

Declaring it:
    Ace hotel, 6 pm, Tuesday Jan 19th

Based on what people are saying, that works the best for most people.

18. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Well-Known Member

yeah it may seem weird to go that early but if you guys want to have any room to hang out at the ace 6 makes way more sense than 9

19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

First mistake was making this public so nerds show up.

20. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

First mistake was making this public so nerds show up.

Haha yeah