1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Set of sportcoat buttons?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Aug 14, 2004.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

Have my eye on a new sportcoat, but the bag with sleeve buttons was lost (so, significant discount on the jacket). I figure I'll have to replace the entire set, three buttons plus 4 for each sleeve. Where does one get buttons fitting for a Brioni sportcoat, and any idea what these would cost? Someone's favorite tailor, maybe?

2. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

Fox,
    I've seen the button selection at Neimann's for Brioni MTM. I don't know if they'd let someone simply order a set of Brioni buttons, but I don't know why they wouldn't, if you're willing to pay whatever retail they are.

I also know that Ben Silver (bensilver.com) sells buttons, though I don't know if those are the type you're seeking.

I know that my tailor has a button selection for his own suits/sportcoats that he makes bespoke, so you could likely order from a tailor as well.

3. dorian

dorian Well-Known Member

Benson and Clegg have an online selection. www.bensonandclegg.com I just found this site: http://www.windsorbutton.com/products.htm As fall nears, I will have to replace the wood/leather look buttons on a hacking jacket. I haven't found any similar buttons, however. If you see some, anywhere, please let me know.