1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart, 3sixteen, Flat Head, Strike Gold...

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Dec 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

The 2109 will definitely have more room in the thigh post-soak because that denim doesn't shrink nearly as much as the 1109 denim.

2. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Iron Heart Micro-Cord & Wabash Shirts

Iron Heart has just delivered the new colors of their popular Micro-Cord shirts which are now available in beige, red, and black. Last year when they released the black version it was one of the most popular shirts of the year. The fabric is a double-face weft woven micro-cord that's extremely soft to the touch on the outside and almost completely windproof due to the weft weave, while still being a light-weight shirt.

We've also received a full restock of their wabash shirt, these go quick every time we get them, the fit and fabric is top notch on these.

Along with these new shirts we've received a full restock of all their jeans which are currently in production along with belts, vests, and jackets at all three Self Edge stores.

Shop Iron Heart Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

kiya, so I want to pick up a pair of the fh05bsps, but i live in korea for the next five months. There's literally no bathtubs and so no ability to soak the denim. will getting them dry cleaned take care of the shrinkage and rinse out the indigo so it's not bleeding all over the place?

4. Royal42

Royal42 Well-Known Member

I'm sure if you ask nicely enough, the guys at SE can take care of the initial soak for you.

5. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

You don't need a bathtub to soak a pair of jeans, you have a sink? Bathroom sink or kitchen sink? That's what i use, its far easier than a bathtub and less cleanup.

6. dotcomzzz

Really? I always thought the denim had to be laid out flat otherwise it would bleed unevenly and end up with heavily faded streaks where the denim was creased.

7. 510kut

510kut Well-Known Member

I've done 3 different jeans in a like 14x12 bucket and I haven't noticed any thing really different with where the creases are.

8. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I've always just filled the washing machine partway with hot water, left the lid open so it wouldn't start running through the wash cycle, and put something on top of the jeans to hold them underwater. I've never noticed any unevenness due to creasing. I've always turned the jeans inside out, but I don't know whether it would make a difference.

9. dotcomzzz

very cool, glad to know. now I just need to locate a plug for my sink.

10. Rincon

Rincon Well-Known Member

Tried on the ST-100x at the SF store but could barely get the 32 closed... in your guys' experience does the waistband stretch the full 1.5"?

11. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

I've soaked over 30 pairs of jeans in a small bathroom sink with great results.

12. dotcomzzz

thanks kiya, i've been soaking my denim in bathtubs for years, so this is good to know. If I don't find a stopper for my sink, the country is notorious for household incongruities like this, and it feels like the dry clean option isn't really optional, when is the next time you'll restock?

13. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Next restock of the SE05BSP from Flat Head is November 1st.

14. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Iron Heart Pop-Up Shop, Party, & Collaborative Collection - New York City

Over six years ago, when we opened the first Self Edge, we had a list of brands which we knew we had to carry. At the top of that list was a brand nearly unknown outside of Japan. We'd seen their jeans in a few motorcycle shops around Tokyo and admired their pure vision; this brand was Iron Heart. Six years later our best selling jean every day, month, and year is their flagship 634s jean. This jean looks great on anybody that tries it on, the fabric feels great right off the bat, and the denim ages well with wear, basically it's the perfect jean.

Over the years Iron Heart has gone from a few jean models, a few shirts, and the occasional winter jacket to a full diverse collection of jeans, pants, shirts, loopwheeled t-shirts, sweaters, wallets, belts, jewelry, and functional outerwear. Being that we carry other brands in our stores it would be impossible for us to properly carry everything Iron Heart produces. We wanted to show off their entire collection in the states so we've taken all the product that Iron Heart currently makes that's available in their flagship stores in Japan and brought it all to New York City for a ten day period.

Starting Saturday, October 20th Self Edge New York will be transformed into an Iron Heart only shop for ten days with a full range of everything they produce. To kick things off we have a party planned for Saturday (October 20th) from 6pm to 10pm. The entire Iron Heart Japan and UK crews will be in full attendance including Shinichi Haraki, the man behind the madness.

To commemorate this occasion we've done a three part collaboration with Iron Heart that will be released at all three Self Edge stores. On October 20th we'll be releasing a Self Edge x Iron Heart Loopwheeled T-Shirt, a 634s jean made of the super dark indigo SEXIHXLSXA13 23oz denim, and The Final Denim Jacket. The Final Denim Jacket is exactly that, the ultimate denim jacket. It's made of 23oz selvedge indigo denim, the body length is 2" longer than your average Type III jacket, it's got two front hand pockets, the entire body is blanket lined, the arms are poly quilted for comfort (when worn with a short sleeve shirt), and it's got a denim phone pocket on the inner left chest. They said we couldn't make a denim jacket out of this fabric due to how many layers of fabric there would be at a few of the stitch points, Haraki-San made it happen and and for that we're very thankful.

Iron Heart Pop-Up Launch Party w/ Iron Heart Japan and UK
    Saturday, October 20th
    6pm to 10pm
    All Ages, Pork Slap Beer Provided for 21+
    157 Orchard Street (@ Rivington)
    New York, NY 10002

Iron Heart Pop-Up Shop
    Starts: October 20th (Noon)
    Ends: October 31st (7pm)
    157 Orchard Street (@ Rivington)
    New York, NY 10002

Self Edge x Iron Heart Jean, T-Shirt, and Jacket Release
    Available at all three Self Edge store at noon (local time) on Saturday, October 20th.
    Available in our online store at 9am (PDT) on Saturday, October 20th.
    Jeans limited to 100, jacket limited to 50, and t-shirt limited to 50.

Shop Iron Heart Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. sridhar3

sridhar3 Well-Known Member

Those jeans are gorgeous, but I don't think I can make a trip to NY just to try 'em on. Mind if I drop you a PM later with sizing questions?

16. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

They run true to size and the size charts will go up tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  17. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

Size charts are up.

18. sridhar3

sridhar3 Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Thanks. Will PM you with leg length/hemming questions if that's okay.

19. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Well-Known Member

Kiya, what size Himel Bros Heron is the gentleman wearing in the pic on your site? What is his height and weight? Thanks!

20. kiya

kiya Well-Known Member

He's wearing a 40 and he's 5'11" and 170lbs