• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Ok, thanks, I am going to stick by them and see how they shape up rather than selling as suggested by another member.

aj, I definitely agree with Kiya. Most raws, and especially FH will develop some initial hip flare and won't fit properly around the crotch and seat for a little while until the denim softens up.

FH denim is especially crisp, which requires a little more patience. Give them time.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bought a pair of RJB 105bsp in 32...thanks for the sizing help! hope these are for me

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite everyone's advice and my initial resolve to keep the FH 1001, I decided to sell them.

The reason was that the front rise and the back rise post shrinking were a little too short for me. Is a front rise of 10" and a back rise of 14.5" how it should be after soaking. I was expecting around an inch more. Anyways, the rise felt too low to me and I was pulling up me jeans every now and then. Also it was snug on the thighs (11.75").

So now I am again looking for a pair of jeans. Any recommendations ? I need these measurements post soak

Waist - 17"
Thighs - 12.5"
Knee - 9"
Hem - 8.5"
Front Rise - 11"
Back Rise - 15.5"
Inseam - 35.5"

Thanks for reading and your help

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a guess but have you tried Levis STF 501's, sz 34x38?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Despite everyone's advice and my initial resolve to keep the FH 1001, I decided to sell them.

The reason was that the front rise and the back rise post shrinking were a little too short for me. Is a front rise of 10" and a back rise of 14.5" how it should be after soaking. I was expecting around an inch more. Anyways, the rise felt too low to me and I was pulling up me jeans every now and then. Also it was snug on the thighs (11.75").

So now I am again looking for a pair of jeans. Any recommendations ? I need these measurements post soak

Waist - 17"
Thighs - 12.5"
Knee - 9"
Hem - 8.5"
Front Rise - 11"
Back Rise - 15.5"
Inseam - 35.5"

Thanks for reading and your help

I think you should go for either one of these two jeans:
Iron Heart 634s (size 34)
Real Japan Blues RJB 105BSP (size 33)

Both of these would be would be good, they're both a straight leg classic jean with a good sized rise but yet both are form fitting in that it wouldn't look like you're wearing anything baggy.

Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Just a guess but have you tried Levis STF 501's, sz 34x38?

Yeah, that'd be great if he were living in an area spilling over with public servants.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Despite everyone's advice and my initial resolve to keep the FH 1001, I decided to sell them. The reason was that the front rise and the back rise post shrinking were a little too short for me. Is a front rise of 10" and a back rise of 14.5" how it should be after soaking. I was expecting around an inch more. Anyways, the rise felt too low to me and I was pulling up me jeans every now and then. Also it was snug on the thighs (11.75"). So now I am again looking for a pair of jeans. Any recommendations ? I need these measurements post soak Waist - 17" Thighs - 12.5" Knee - 9" Hem - 8.5" Front Rise - 11" Back Rise - 15.5" Inseam - 35.5" Thanks for reading and your help
Originally Posted by kiya
I think you should go for either one of these two jeans: Iron Heart 634s (size 34) Real Japan Blues RJB 105BSP (size 33) Both of these would be would be good, they're both a straight leg classic jean with a good sized rise but yet both are form fitting in that it wouldn't look like you're wearing anything baggy.
What are you thoughts about 3sixteen SL-200x Straight Leg Black in size 34? Are the measurements of the 3sixteen jeans correct and up to date. IIRC they changed their measurements.

REParola

Reaction score
Just received my FH 1001 yesterday. After soaking they fit great just like Kiya said they would. Thanks so much it was great working with you, and I'd definitely buy from you again!

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Superfuture 004.SFO SuperParty & Sale
SExSUFUxSFO-2010-250x300.1.jpg
The fourth Self Edge x Superfuture party and sale is coming up on Saturday May 1st and is already turning out to be the best one yet in terms of attendance and planned events. Our very own Sidney Lo has produced a book which encompasses what Superfuture is about. On a personal level the book has left us speechless; it's a testament to his photography skills and a documentation of the project which led Sidney through the world over a three year period. The book is titled "Taking Pictures of People Who Take Pictures of Themselves" and will be released at the party on May 1st. Self Edge x Superfuture 004.SFO SuperParty, Sale, & Sidney Lo's Book Release 6pm - 10pm, Saturday, May 1st 714 Valencia Street - San Francisco Sale Info: Everything at both the SF and NY store will be 11% off on May 1st, one percent for every year Superfuture has been around. Customers not attending the party can use a coupon code for 11% off everything in our online store (for 4 days) starting at 9AM Friday April 30th, the coupon code will be good until Monday May 3rd at 5pm (PST). Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases. Coupon Code for 11% off everything: SuperFutureParty004 Superphotos Self Edge has rented a vintage style photobooth from Glass Coat Photo, the booth will be at the party all night, everybody will be able to use it for free and get photostrips from the booth. All those not attending the party can log onto Glass Coat's website to check out all the obscene photos taken through-out the night. What will take place at the Self Edge x Superfuture Party: -We will talk denim, clothing, and anything Japanese -Self Edge has rented the Kara's Cupcake Karavan to pass out cupcakes at the party; Kara's makes the best cupcakes you've ever had. -Alcohol in the form of Beer will be served to those of age -Loud music and name tags, once again -Every purchase made in the store during the event will be entered into a drawing for prizes listed below -We will be giving away a grand prize to the best dressed male and best dressed female courtesy of Superfuture (The judges will be Superfuture Mods and Myself) -Superfuture tees will be given away courtesy of Superfuture -There will be free souvenir bandanas given out at the door from Sugar Cane & Buzz Rickson Self Edge x Supefuture 004.SFO SuperParty Sponsor Party Raffle Give-a-Ways superfuture Superfuture Tees (Given to Best Dressed, chosen by SuFu Mods) Self Edge $100 Gift Certificate (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry) $50 Gift Certificate (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry) Pabst Blue Ribbon Free PBR for all (21+) Mad River Brewing Free beer from Mad River courtesy of Brian Clark (aka, B-Dawg) Tanner Goods Two sets of Leather Drink Coasters Spectacles For Humans 3 Gift Certificates good for $100 each (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry) Sugar Cane Souvenir Bandanas for the first 50 people by Sugar Cane and Buzz Rickson Flat Head (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry) 3 Limited Flat Head Loopwheeled T-shirts not currently in production Iron Heart Leather Key holders (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry) Mister Freedom MF Utility Caps - hand made at MFHQ and hand stanciled as well. Made from selvage indigo denim, NOS canvas and waxed oil cloth. Depression Era style workers cap with brim. Just as a note to all of you attending this fine event.. We will not be able to store any backpacks, shopping bags, jackets, bikes, purses, etc in our back room. Our stock has quadrupled since the last party and there's little to no room in the back any more. This year there will NOT be an RSVP list, but we'll have a capacity limit for the event, and once that limit has been reached we will enforce a one-in / one-out policy via our large but somewhat friendly bouncer named Big Travis.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To those that PM'd me about when the sale starts...
It starts ONLINE friday at 9AM (PST) and ends monday at 5PM (PST).

In-store sale at both SESF and SENY is on saturday.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's pretty awesome to see "Sidney Lo" as a category on the SE online shop.

Indigo_phobia

Reaction score
Kiya.. any chance on restocking RJB 66BSPBK in smaller size 29 or 30?
how do these fade? Will they give shiny leather-look after a few wear or just get whiter?

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
I think you should go for either one of these two jeans:
Iron Heart 634s (size 34)

They are not available in my size
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads