1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Selective logic

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Well-Known Member

Assuming you're actually Lakshmi Mittal... You've got nothing to prove to us "small fry." Â If you want to feel like one of us, come out and have a drink at a "commoners' pub." Â You sound more and more like a diva/prima donna afraid to get your hands dirty, sitting in your office all day with people to tend to your every need. Â Do you clean your own posterior? Â What's your incentive to leave whatever supposedly great things you've got going on to come chat it up with us? Â If you've got two dozen supercars, don't waste your time telling us about them. Â Take your wife out for a ride - or let her take you for one. Â Those working for you will be loyal as long as they've got a paycheck coming their way. Â Otherwise all you've got is your family, and hopefully some friends who like you for reasons unrelated to your wealth. Â You probably don't use a credit card much simply because you've got an unlimited line of credit at most any place into which you walk. Â For the rest of us, have you ever thought that some of us carefully keep track of what we buy and pay it off at the end of each month? Â We pay zero interest to the credit card company, keep our money in the bank a little longer which allows us to earn a little more in interest, and to top it all off, earn miles or cash back. To Jon(ImageWIS)'s credit, he may have a billionaire wasting his time online arguing with a college student over some pointless issues. Â [​IMG] Â Â If that's the case, maybe it's time for you to return to college Mr. Mittal, or maybe even LKG. Here's hoping you're not some sicko "playing" steel magnate online.

2. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

You can have all the money in the world, as well as all the power that comes along with it.... But If you're an ugly motherf*cker spending time being arrogant, condescending, and trivial - spending large amounts of time arguing and bragging - putting down the spelling mistakes of others...what kind of life do you really lead? Seems as though money truly doesn't buy happiness.

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

That Special Olympics poster was quite hilarious.

Is this a StyleForum record? 17 pages of responses?

I'm quite sure Hitler had more artworks. Even if the source of those artworks were of an infamous nature.

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

The Poster was funny however I was laughingly reading it to an acquaintance and caught myself too late as he has a child that cannot walk that well.

I dont know that the 17 pages is a record per se, but the speed in which they went up I think is.

HOWEVER, if you subtract the conversational "banter" between Jon and Kalra you arent left with that many pages.

Speaking of which I think an honorable mention is in place for Jon for maturely backing out and not continuuing the discussion.

JJF

5. tdial

tdial Well-Known Member

Well, it's likely Jon was having to turn in a term paper or something while the "steel tycoon" had ample time to flame about on a style bulletin board. Or maybe he has people that can do that for him.

And as I read through this thread, I was hoping for Ernest to weigh in on the tycoon's picture: "you look like steel baron on farm."

6. HRHAndrew

HRHAndrew Well-Known Member

And this just posted by AP.
    I guess it is tough pretending to be someone you are not, especially when that individuals steps are public knowledge.  I bet he wishes he read that the wedding was Tuesday, before he stated that it was in fact on Wednesday.

7. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

This just in...

India Tycoon Said to Pay $60M for Wedding

PARIS - An Indian steel tycoon reportedly paid $60 million for his daughter's wedding "” a six-day bash for 1,500 guests in France's most sumptuous settings, including Versailles.

Lakshmi Mittal rented the Tuileries garden in Paris one night and a gallery at Versailles another night to celebrate the marriage of his 23-year-old daughter, Vanisha, to 25-year-old Amit Bhatia, according to Thursday's edition of Paris Match magazine.

Louis XIV's lavish chateau apparently was not enough "” Mittal also had a makeshift castle built at a park in Saint-Cloud, outside the capital, Paris Match said. The actual wedding took place Tuesday at another chateau, Vaux-le-Vicomte.

The $60 million price tag was about the cost of an Airbus A320 passenger jet.

The wedding put on by Mittal, named by Forbes magazine as one of the richest people in the world, cost more than the recent royal wedding in Spain. Paris Match said the wedding of Spain's Crown Prince Felipe to TV anchorwoman Letizia Ortiz cost $35 million.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Vaux-le-Victome is another chateau outisde Paris built by one of Louis XIV's ministers who was executed.

The reason he was executed was that Louis XIV felt the chateau was trying to compare with Versailles. Apparently he also was guilty of embezzlement.

Rather a distance ouside Paris actually.

9. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

Well- what a nasty little piece of flaming, trolling, etc.

Can't leave you guys alone for 24 hours...

I'm going to lock the thread if for no other reason than it took me forever to read all 17 pages.

Bannings, as always, are up to J.

Can we all play nice? I have a busy day again tomorrow- away from the computer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.