1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

See ya

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gorgekko, Mar 24, 2006.

1. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Well-Known Member

To paraphrase a famous movie about gay shepherds, "I wish I knew how to quit you Style Forum." My exile barely lasted two and a half weeks.

Sigh, perhaps I'll give it another chance. Next time if I go, no stupid announcements.

I think I know how you were feeling when you first bid "adieu." There have been times when it seems as if most of the posts on the board are nonsense, nasty or both (and I will admit to getting caught up in those threads from time-to-time; which I could just ignore them). I will just look at some posts and think "why do I bother coming here?"

But I find this and some of the boards almost addictive. And I greatly value the sage advice and sharing of experiences here by many of the members. Anyway, welcome back.

2. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

3. Horace

Horace Well-Known Member

To paraphrase a famous movie about gay shepherds, "I wish I knew how to quit you Style Forum."

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in".

Fortunate. LK's exile has lasted a long time, and he can never go back. Ah, but the Principality then....Those who weren't there find it hard to imagine the decadance and yet the beauty.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Well. goodbye. Or maybe goodbye for now, as Tokyo said. Funny, I thought that SF v.3. was rather friendly, with a few exceptions that have been taken care of. If I'm missing something, I'd really like to get some feedback on the matter.
    Exactly. People are generally cool here. If anything, I can remember a couple times when gorgekko has been quite the bitch (most usually as the pretentious self-adoring writer that all writers are, but occasionally as a particularly biased political voice). It's a freaking internet forum. If ya'll are finding yourself missing people on a freaking internet forum, may I suggest delving into more actual human relationships, resulting in missing actual human beings instead of digital representations of them. Edit: Sorry, I'm drunk and angry at several girls at this very instant and also in love with several others. The problem is, getting girls who you are angry at to sleep w/you is easy; getting girls who you are in love with to sleep w/you is hard.

5. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

"You can check out but you can never leave." Nice to have you back.

ken, man, things will be better in the morning....

Regards,
    Huntsman

6. gorgekko

gorgekko Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Gorgekko. But I have to say, I took a liking to your brother.

Oh, he's an ass. I think he was blithering on about some dated Ralph Lauren Chaps line suit. That boy needs to learn some stuff.

Ken, chill out man. That kind of stuff is the reason why I wanted to ditch this place the first time. If you're frustrated about some broad, go punch a wall. I used to do it all the time and it feels great...except for the punching the wall part.

7. countdemoney

countdemoney Well-Known Member

The problem is, getting girls who you are angry at to sleep w/you is easy; getting girls who you are in love with to sleep w/you is hard.

This is so completely and totally true.