1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Secrets of the Discourses

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Manton, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Bounder

Bounder Well-Known Member

See, I love that kind of thing. You may even think you really understand it and then one little thing nudges all the pieces and they suddenly fall into place . . . the flash of illumination.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

That's the thing though, without a "teacher" as if I were to take a course it is hard to make sense of things on your own. You may not even know the questions to ask to research on your own. Also, you may find something irrelevant when it isn't.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

A lot of emphasis is put on experiences that you have as a child, but I disagree with a lot of them. I am not formally educated on such things, but the generality that everybody holds on to thee childhood traumas and such is overblown. I mean we all have horrible shit that happened to us when we were growing up, some of us just know how to get over it and move on, while some play the victim their adult lives and blame bad decisions on their dad wanting them to play football or something.

1 person likes this.