1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Second attempt at an official SF Member T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brian SD, Apr 24, 2006.

1. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I own both band trash and the iggy pop shirts, and I'm a fan. If Brian did the gold foil thing with the iggy shirt, I'd probably buy another.

If we're going from these designs, though, I think Permanence would make the best SF shirt. It may be a little muddled from far away, but I prefer it to the sharp, design-program-y prints on a lot of shirts.

2. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Another vote for Permanence.

3. j

j Well-Known Member

What about a nice agrarian brown?
    [​IMG]

4. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

Whatever you decide, please accomodate us S-sized humans.

5. seanchai

seanchai Well-Known Member

Iggy looks awesome, but I'll buy anything with gold foil on it.

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

I completely agree that the permanence design will look like a mess from far away. I think I'll go through the file and just sort of simplify it where I can. Also, the final will be a higher contrast colorway. I can't even get that color for size S anyway.

7. Max

Max Well-Known Member

The urban outfitters runs strong in this one, obi wan.

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

The urban outfitters runs strong in this one, obi wan.
    r

I haven't been there in a long time (few years) but isn't UO more about "witty quotes" and less about graphics, especially the last one which shows more maturity as an illustrator, though I'm not positive I'd wear it on a shirt.

10. Max

Max Well-Known Member

It's more the generic hipster "ooh, I screen printed this old etching with lots of scrolls and flowers on the side of the shirt, how innovative!" kind of thing. A little trendy for my taste.

11. Mr Sola

Mr Sola Well-Known Member

I vote for the Iggy in SF maroon with silver foil.

12. Brian SD

It's more the generic hipster "ooh, I screen printed this old etching with lots of scrolls and flowers on the side of the shirt, how innovative!" kind of thing. A little trendy for my taste.

Yea you're exactly right, because all of my shirts have scrolls and flowers on the side. Puuuleeeeeeze.

13. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

Yeah, not like a shirt with pleats on one side, now that's what I call classic.

14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Seriously? The single-side pleated shirt was at least a sort of quirky take on this season's trend, which is more than can be said for the 5 designs posted.

The gun tee shirt has been done to death. If you've spent a few minutes judging threadless shirts you'll know what I mean.

The band equipment one is pretty played if you've ever checked out the merch table at a punk show.

The gears one is nothing special, unremarkable at best.

The one with the trains is 19th century etching meets vegan. If I could tell what the green one was a picture of I'd be able to hate on it with style and aplomb, but all I can see is some sort of tree stump and a train.

Y'all shouldn't even be paying attention to me, it's not like I'm going to buy one.

15. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Y'all shouldn't even be paying attention to me, it's not like I'm going to buy one.
    Nor is it like you've ever offered anything creative or useful yourself. But, you know, feel free to rag on everybody else. It's really productive.

16. Max

Max Well-Known Member

It's a tough job, but someone has to bring y'all back to reality sometimes.

17. Brian SD

It's a tough job, but someone has to bring y'all back to reality sometimes.

We thrive on groupthink.

No, but really. From what I saw in your "what I like" thread, I can't really say that reality is what you're trying to bring any of us to. Your tastes are incredibly esoteric.

I have the same opinion of my designs, that they are unremarkable. Sure, but I'm not a shirt designer. I experimented with printing, and some people have liked what I've made, so I'm keeping it up. It's nothing more than this. The gun shirt IS overdone (keeping in mind that mine was designed almost 2 years ago), and the gear one is just another experiment. However, I despise Urban Outfitters shirts and don't think much higher of Threadless on the basis of "anything where art is submitted with the purpose of being ranked by the masses and then printed for "fashion" is bullshit," I would never place myself in the same bracket as them. I imagine the threadless designers as being the annoying kids in my design class who make pseudo-artsy cute designs and then act stupid and pretentious when you critique their work. [​IMG] Yawn. Good luck getting a job ripping off Ryan McGinness and drawing Gremlins.