1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Sebastian Xtah Crude Clay Alternative

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Axsuul, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Axsuul

Axsuul New Member

I'm looking for an alternative to Sebastian Xtah Crude Clay pictured below!

[​IMG]

It's been discontinued for a long time--I usually get my supply from eBay but it seems like the price has jumped alot the past few months so it has forced me to look for an alternative. Basically, I'm looking for something similar that gives a matte finish (and is strong, lasts long, gives hair texture)

I have medium hair length

On a side note, has anyone tried Wen Re-moist? It's really good for frizzy dry hair but it's also too expensive.. so anyone know of a good leave-in hair conditioner? Thanks for your time

2. iampeter

iampeter Active Member

why not try sebastian's replacement line for this? i never tried the original Xtah clay, so i can't make a comparison though.

3. johnnyzenith

johnnyzenith New Member

Please please please please please please! Can anyone tell me an alternative, a really good alternative to Xtah Crude Clay by Sebastian. It has been years now and I can find nothing like it anywhere. It had really supe strong hold yet looked like nothing was in my hair and had fantastic seperation and a matt finish.

There must be someone on the internet who knows a good alternative I can buy and maybe buy in the UK?

Please. Oh and the Craft Clay successor to Xtah Crude Clay is not a good alternative.

Thanks for your help.

4. sky140885

sky140885 Well-Known Member

check out Renati Rock Hard

5. sophie25

sophie25 New Member

6. Bohe

Bohe Member

Just bought this the other day, but haven't used yet. I'll update once I try styling my unforgiving difficult hair.

7. Bohe

Bohe Member

OK it's very late review, but yeah, this stuff pretty dame good. I was disheartened at first, as the product isn't very viscous or solid, but rather more cream/putty like, these uncertainties were quickly laid to rest once I applied it in the hair. The less you use the better as you'll dampen the hair with repetitive styling. It's incredibly matt, rough and natural looking. Hold is great, but light too . I often always straighten my hair to make it more malleable - this and the clay seem to compliment each other pretty well. Smells great and washes out easily.

I find it difficult to see a use for this product on long hair. Admittedly my perspective is limited to shortish hair.