1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Screwed up big time this semester

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by CrazyJew, Dec 2, 2010.

1. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Well-Known Member

That comes to 4% per my calcs.[​IMG]

lol

2. saiyar1

saiyar1 Well-Known Member

Stop working.

Drop all the classes and maintain your good GPA

Fuck the money. The lasting effects of your GPA are forever. You can pay back the $2500 and be done.

Get a loan.

Get the BEST job you can out of school and focus on one thing at a time. Don't get married just yet. She'll understand your situation if she has any sense.

3. coupling56

coupling56 New Member

Write down your goals in life and then you will understand the reason you are in school. Then you will work to achieve those goals. If your goals require school you will get good grades. If your goals do not require school you will be doing something that you enjoy. Warning be sure your goals are what you want the achieve else you will be lost.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

My advice is to cut back on work, take out a loan, and concentrate on your education. $2K is nothing in the long run. It's a month's rent. It doesn't quite cover a month of childcare. It is about 1/3 of an Attolini suit. It seems like lot now, but don't mortgage your future over that. Not having to explain a low GPA is worth much more than that. Also, don't sweat the extra time spent in college. I can barely remember what I've done in the past 6 months. An extra semester or two, again, seems like a lot now, but will seen inconsequential later.

Also, ignore all of the advice about marriage. I didn't get married until I was 31, but if you are ready, and she is the girl for you, you may as well go for it. You are going to have to make it up to her for the honeymoon though. Women are like that.

5. acoustik

acoustik Well-Known Member

I grew up in a family of programmers. Both of my parents were CS majors. My uncles were all CS majors. Their children are also all CS majors. Its common consensus in the family that employers don't give two shits about GPA in college. Just do what you have to do to get started in the real world so you can demonstrate that you're worth something to future employers. What you've worked on matters a lot more than grades. I say just graduate with mediocre grades.

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I grew up in a family of programmers. Both of my parents were CS majors. My uncles were all CS majors. Their children are also all CS majors. Its common consensus in the family that employers don't give two shits about GPA in college. Just do what you have to do to get started in the real world so you can demonstrate that you're worth something to future employers. What you've worked on matters a lot more than grades. I say just graduate with mediocre grades.

Working with programmers, I agree with you. However, if you ever want to change fields, it's a different story altogether.

7. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Well-Known Member

Hung up on 2K? Dude come on. Pay the $2,000 and retake the classes. It will be nothing to you in a few years.

EDIT: Old thread lol. Fuck got me again...

8. landoeffincalrissian

landoeffincalrissian Well-Known Member

Since when was the 97th ranked college in the country a bad school?

9. scientific

scientific Well-Known Member

since always. do not graduate with <3.5 or your worthless degree will be worthless

10. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

Write down your goals in life and then you will understand the reason you are in school. Then you will work to achieve those goals. If your goals require school you will get good grades. If your goals do not require school you will be doing something that you enjoy. Warning be sure your goals are what you want the achieve else you will be lost.

way to revive a 7 month old thread.