1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

I just had an old friend ask me for advice for a fragrance for her husband. I made a few suggestions based on her critieria, but also said they should go to a place like MiN (they're in NYC) and sniff things. They ended up doing that and buying L'enfant Terrible from Joyvoy, which I've never heard of.

1 person likes this.
  2. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

3. James1051

James1051 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd have the guts to buy a fragrance for someone else. (Unless they told me exactly what they want, by name.)
    Kind of like buying shoes, or underwear, for the wife. Guaranteed FAIL, with beaucoup complaints to follow.

4. James1051

And, since you are dying to know (or you wouldn't be reading this thread), its Chypre Mousse for me this evening. And boy howdy, do I love this stuff!
    [​IMG]

5. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Tonight: small dose of Pk Gold Leather - intense stuff and too sweet if you apply even a full squirt from the bottle. Very good leather, though, with the bitterness of oak-tanned hides.

6. Allez Allez

Allez Allez Well-Known Member

I am shocked -- shocked -- that you did not say Portrait of a Lady. You are an enigma to me L'Inc.

7. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

There are five roses that are packed very closely together at the top of my list of favorites: Rose Nacree du Desert, Oud Silk Mood, Ta'if, Cafe Rose, and Parure.

Have you tried Rose Nacree du Desert?

8. Allez Allez

Allez Allez Well-Known Member

Holy Toledo, PoaL isn't even in your top 5. I thought you loved that scent. I haven't tried Rose Nacree du Desert before, but I will order a sample.

I'm in the middle of a Vetiver run at present. It's going so so. I still like the Guerlain best.

9. L'Incandescent

I just forgot to type that, and to count them as six! It is definitely in that cluster of favorite roses.

I should also mention Une Rose Chypree, Une Rose Vermeille, and Une Rose de Kandahar as among my favorites.

10. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Portrait of a Lady is a really special scent, but it's so gigantic that I'd have a hard time wearing it very often. Rose Nacree du Desert is similar to PoaL but it's a bit more transparent and way more wearable. I'm not one to splurge on expensive bottles, but I may buy this one.

11. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Actually, Rose de Nuit is pretty great too, if I was going to splurge I'd probably have to revisit that one before I decided. And I do really love PoaL.

12. L'Incandescent

I've really tried to like Rose de Nuit, as it should be right up my alley, but I'm just not a big fan. I'm pretty sure it's the honey note that turns me off. (It's the same problem I have with Guerlain Rose Barbare, actually.)

13. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

To be honest, I haven't smelled any of your other favorite roses aside from Parure, the sale of which I still mourn. I didn't really think of that as a rose scent though in the way Rose Nacree or POAL are. I still love Iquitos and I'm happy I have a full bottle. I wear it all the time.

14. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I smell like vetiver tea today because I am wearing Coeur de Vetiver Sacre.

1 person likes this.
  15. James1051

16. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Today: Cuir Pleine Fleur. One thing that is redeeming about San Francisco's perpetually cool climate is the ability to wear richer fragrances year round.

17. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

I smell like figs today because I am wearing Philosykos (it smells like figs).

1 person likes this.
  18. L'Incandescent

Pre-shower: Lumiere Noire pour Homme (for Man)
    SOTD: Une Rose de Kandahar

19. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Today: Chanel Pour Monsieur

20. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

Today I'm wearing Tom Ford Azure Lime. It's ok, longevity is lacking...