• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

STATcurse

Reaction score
1. Chinatown
2. New Haarlem
3. New York Oud
(That was a cool conversation we had just now!)
Also, +1 on Lavender Palm. The drydown goes in a really surprising direction. It's supersweet and musky; sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't, it really depends on my mood.
Speaking of TF, it's Cafe Rose for me today. Reviews of this are so-so, but I like it a lot. It's actually fairly similar to Rose Oud (by Kilian), but it's got that Tom Ford brashness that was such an important feature of the earlier PB releases. It's a very bright saffrony rose, with more and more patchouli emerging as it dries down. For some reason I hardly ever detect coffee notes that are supposed to be in fragrances, and this one is no exception.
I would pay money for those. And Silver Factory and Bleecker -- just not the amount they charge.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

1. Chinatown
2. New Haarlem
3. New York Oud
(That was a cool conversation we had just now!)
Also, +1 on Lavender Palm. The drydown goes in a really surprising direction. It's supersweet and musky; sometimes I love it and sometimes I don't, it really depends on my mood.
Speaking of TF, it's Cafe Rose for me today. Reviews of this are so-so, but I like it a lot. It's actually fairly similar to Rose Oud (by Kilian), but it's got that Tom Ford brashness that was such an important feature of the earlier PB releases. It's a very bright saffrony rose, with more and more patchouli emerging as it dries down. For some reason I hardly ever detect coffee notes that are supposed to be in fragrances, and this one is no exception.

Since we're talking about Bond, I'd read that Laurice Rahme is facing a discrimination lawsuit from a former employee. What's funny (from a distance) is that Ms. Rahme seems to be a polarizing individual - she has FRIENDS and H8ERS, and everyone else picks a side. That tends to ruin nearly every conversation that refers to Bond, because someone starts hating on her, and a friend jumps up to defend her and from there the fireworks follow.

BTW: iirc, Dane hated Chinatown, until one day he loved it. I can't even remember what it smelled like.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

BTW: iirc, Dane hated Chinatown, until one day he loved it. I can't even remember what it smelled like.

Yeah, I remember that from peredepierre! I really think Chinatown is a fantastic scent, and definitely the best in their lineup.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I copiously sprayed Voyage d'Hermes on me and woke up to a lovely incense/exotic spice smell on my shirt.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Today was the hottest day in months, Philosykos. Sequoia yesterday, had a christening on Sunday so La Myrrhe (keeping with the religious theme and all0

I miss Philosykos, ran out months ago and forgot it existed. I'd love to get a replacement bottle, or maybe find a similar fig scent that I like as much.

I've been wearing the same things over and over again all summer - Declaration, New York, Chanel PM, Terre d'Hermes, Eau d'Hermes, Eau Sauvage, Jules. I broke out of that rut today with Grey Vetiver. I suppose it's in a similar vein, but at least it's something I haven't worn in a long time.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Dzing!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom Ford Extreme today. More than any other, this scent captures the attitude of the Tom Ford brand, IMO. I'm wearing a TF tie today, so I thought TF Extreme was appropriate.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Crown Perfumery Eau de Quinine.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
layering Kiehl's Musk and Oud Cuir Arabie.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If I ever layered those two I'd have to get myself one of these:

Otherwise I'm not man enough.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antaeus. Couple hours projection, mediocre. Smells great though.

In the evening, PG - Scirocco. Quite nice too, and likewise mediocre longevity, or rather projection.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If I ever layered those two I'd have to get myself one of these:

Otherwise I'm not man enough.

Sometimes I trim my chest down to the kind of girlish length depicted there.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

ROCK ON! I'll wear Patou 1000 today to keep the universe in balance after your manly Tom-Jones-wrestle-a-grizzly-bear-and-eat-its-flesh scent experience.

Antaeus. Couple hours projection, mediocre. Smells great though.
In the evening, PG - Scirocco. Quite nice too, and likewise mediocre longevity, or rather projection.

I have a soft spot for Antaeus in all its forms... vintage, new, you name it. I have that with Chanel PM, too... they were some of my first scent "loves" way back in the day and they've stayed with me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads