• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Terre d'Hermes
Eau Sauvage
YSL Live Jazz

Interesting that you would say Terre d'Hermes for a spring scent. Of course it's not wrong but I just wouldn't consider it for myself - it all depends on what switches the scent flips for the individual.

Roger & Gallet Bois d'Orange has a fresh orange plus petitgrain, which is the green stems of an orange tree. This might be a fresh, but remarkably inexpensive for its quality, cologne for you to investigate.

fungz0r

Reaction score
Today, last of my CDG x Monocle Hinoki

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
speaking of CdG, was just at Barneys and got to smell that new one in the warped clear glass bottle, and yes, it did sort of smell like dust on a lighbulb...

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sunday: Lorenzo Villoresi Musk
Monday: Santal Blush
Today: Violet Blonde

@HORNS: TdH has always seemed like a spring scent to me too, but it's definitely not springy in an obvious way. It reminds me of the smell of wet earth that is unique to spring.

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yesterday: chanel Antaeus
today: Chergui

Enjoying the cool snap while it lasts.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Encens et Lavande. I think I may only have enough left for one more day after this one.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@HORNS: TdH has always seemed like a spring scent to me too, but it's definitely not springy in an obvious way. It reminds me of the smell of wet earth that is unique to spring.

Ahh, interesting! I can see that.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Encens et Lavande. I think I may only have enough left for one more day after this one.

I'm too lazy to go look this up... is E&L part of the export line? I have Gris Clair but here good things about E&L so want to give it a sniff...

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm too lazy to go look this up... is E&L part of the export line? I have Gris Clair but here good things about E&L so want to give it a sniff...

I don't think so, or at least it wasn't last time I looked. It's not too similar to Gris Clair. e+l is more of a summer scent - herbal and green and dry, not sweet at all. The incense is there but it isn't heavy and smokey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads