• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

MyTailorIsRich

Reaction score
Wherein SOTD newbie MyTailorIsRich pledges to not use a Creed scent for at least a week. Problem is I am out of new samples and most of my existing ones are Creed. But wait! In my last sample order the guy threw in a couple of freebies. I'll just use one of those today. *Reaches in box and pulls out* Chanel Platinum Égoïste! Just like Satan! I feel the cold hand of evil at work here...suspiciously coincidental Thomas. But this is the most boring fragrence ever and 4 hours later I can barely tell I have it on. I think the universe is safe.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
ok anyways, i bought a couple of tiny vials of Secretions Magnifiques from luckyscents. cant wait to see if i'll either love it or VOMIT or just spray them on my nards for the pheromone effect at work
crackup[1].gif

just got my two 0.7 mL vials from luckyscents of SM and they are bigger than 0.7 mL. they are 1.5 mL each.
that's cool. i paid 3$ for a 0.7 mL vial x2. im going with luckyscent again. i wonder if this is their usual thing or just an mistake anomaly with me?

Dane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
I always retort to them that truly important individuals like J-Lo wear Silver Mtn Water. Then I ***** about the Ambergris drydown of the Millesimes, to which the SA pulls out a chart trying to argue to the contrary.

I knew I smelled vomit in there somewhere...although I have a feeling it was never a sperm whale's.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just got my two 0.7 mL vials from luckyscents of SM and they are bigger than 0.7 mL. they are 1.5 mL each.
that's cool. i paid 3$ for a 0.7 mL vial x2. im going with luckyscent again. i wonder if this is their usual thing or just an mistake anomaly with me?

You have to give us your review!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent
You have to give us your review!

oh wow. i just dabbed myself a bit of it. the initial scent i got was a nice pleasant smell. but i do smell some funky 'aftertaste' sort of notes coming through i cant really distinguish what it is, but it sort of reminds me of this one men's restroom i had to go visit at a strip club my friends all went to during college.
that is if i were to hold my hand really near me and sniff in deeply. that is what i get.

(and im not trying to be poetic or critical, like most basenote people are just for the sake of the opportunity to describe fragrances. they get all overly negative flowery poetic or overly positive b.s.)

this literally smells like that.

but from afar, i get a decent scent that i feel like there it is coming from something ..i dont want to find out. you know, you find this smell somewhere in someone's house in their bathroom or in their bedroom, but you dont want to find out what it is, it smells a trigger of 'it is ok' or 'nice ' smell but it sigalerts to something perhaps nasty or vile to discover where it is actually coming from.

(and this is no biased write up above because i know what this name is of this fragrance and its reputation. im trying to be objective as possible. and if i didnt know what perfume this was, i would think it is 'off putting' smell myself. but at the same time something nice to it)

i like that challenge in this . i definitely will not douse myself in this at thte offfice. some may think i smell 'off' or something sweetly putrid is reaking out somewhere. some of the older ladies may find it offensive slightly. ..but if they found out it was an intentional perfume scent, who knows..they may deep dark inside get turned -on by it, and in their confusion, they may respond hostiley to me.

edit: i just noticed i typed up a typcial basenote response myself! im being honest though. no b.s.

(continuing to smell my skin, i do see where the saliva and iron /rust sort of note is to be recognized. i guess if you were to say 'sperm', i wouldnt disagree , if this scent was on a scratch n sniff sticker)

here's one thing, i f i were eating and smelt that close -up smell, i would probably lose my appetite sort of. but if i were in a horny moood, this is a killer smell. if i were to strap myself up in leather to the point where im bleeding and walk into some bondage club i would want to smell like this. lo..l

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
now i feel sort of violated as i keep smelling this it is making me feel a little uneasy (almost lightheaded) because my brain expects to interpret fragrance scents as scents that follow you since you put it on. and strange/off putting scents as something that makes me move away from. but it is constantly lingering around me so it is making me feel uneasy and sort of violated. and that off putting emotion now is sort of cool. every once in awhile a whiff of that saliva/sperm sort of stagnant scent comes along and makes me go mhmm..ugh. but it is a 'good' offputting uneasiness.

Dane

Reaction score
now i feel sort of violated as i keep smelling this it is making me feel a little uneasy (almost lightheaded) because my brain expects to interpret fragrance scents as scents that follow you since you put it on. and strange/off putting scents as something that makes me move away from. but it is constantly lingering around me so it is making me feel uneasy and sort of violated. and that off putting emotion now is sort of cool. every once in awhile a whiff of that saliva/sperm sort of stagnant scent comes along and makes me go mhmm..ugh. but it is a 'good' offputting uneasiness.

It's ****** you. Just keep quiet and it'll be over in 8 hours.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
aw man now it settling into a smell of ..i'll pm you the answer if you ask .

Please do PM me the answer!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
aw man now it settling into a smell of ..i'll pm you the answer if you ask .
Please do PM me the answer!
Oooh, oooh, I know the answer!!! Pick me!!!!! An unwashed ****

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Oooh, oooh, I know the answer!!! Pick me!!!!!

An unwashed ****

I'm beginning to think that that's your default answer to a wide variety of questions!

Q: What is the formula to determine the area of a circle?
A: Umm, uhh, unwashed ****.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that that's your default answer to a wide variety of questions!

Q: What is the formula to determine the area of a circle?
A: Umm, uhh, unwashed ****.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

funny enough, I asked him the time once, and according to his watch, it was half-past unwashed ****.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm beginning to think that that's your default answer to a wide variety of questions! Q: What is the formula to determine the area of a circle? A: Umm, uhh, unwashed ****.
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
Originally Posted by Thomas
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! funny enough, I asked him the time once, and according to his watch, it was half-past unwashed ****.
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
crackup%5B1%5D.gif
crackup%5B1%5D.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads