1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. dv_indian

dv_indian Well-Known Member

I need you guys' opinion on powdery fragrances.
    I have a bottle of Caron's 3rd man. I actually like it's powdery smell which is warm and comforting in a barber shop kind of way. I spray it on mostly after a shower in the evening, when I am chilling at home.
    But I feel hesitant to wear it to work as I think powdery smell is mostly associated with women's fragrances. Have any of you worn this fragrance to work? Do you feel comfortable doing so?

2. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I need you guys' opinion on powdery fragrances. I have a bottle of Caron's 3rd man. I actually like it's powdery smell which is warm and comforting in a barber shop kind of way. I spray it on mostly after a shower in the evening, when I am chilling at home. But I feel hesitant to wear it to work as I think powdery smell is mostly associated with women's fragrances. Have any of you worn this fragrance to work? Do you feel comfortable doing so?
    Most days I go out in public wearing something that makes me smell like an unwashed cunt. Powdery is a walk in the park.

3. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

To continue with the female genitalia theme: today I was wearing C&S #88. I don't know if it was the heat, humidity, or just my chemistry today but I swear that it smelled just like a woman's snatch who I occasionally enjoy some recreational time with. It was uncanny.

Of course, I could just have pussy on the brain.

5. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Wore Suratti Tom Oudh yesterday evening and wearing Narciso Rodriguez for him EDT today.

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Millesime Imperial yesterday - I like it, but seems to fade to a skin scent after just a few hours. Still, I could smell it on my chest when I woke up this morning.

Riverside Drive today

7. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Well-Known Member

Un Jardin Apres la Mousson today.

8. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Dans Tes Bras today. I can't say enough good things about this one.

9. captoe

captoe Well-Known Member

serious q any recs for lumberjack type of fragrances? i. e. the really woody stuff. sometimes when people say something is woody i don't get it. i guess i don't have that many scent memories yet.

10. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Wearing Surrati Tom oudh today.

11. PITAronin

PITAronin Well-Known Member

Trying out samples from the swap box. Today it's Gerlain Vetiver.

12. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

serious q any recs for lumberjack type of fragrances? i. e. the really woody stuff. sometimes when people say something is woody i don't get it. i guess i don't have that many scent memories yet.
    Yatagan if you like pine Tam Dao if you like cedar

13. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Wearing Aramis Havana today

14. PITAronin

PITAronin Well-Known Member

Doing 'compare and contrast' with vetivers this week. I have Creed on one wrist and the Le Labo on the other and like both, but am finding myself really drawn to the Le Labo (which actually comes across as virtually identical - at least on my skin - to the old formulation of 1903 from the J. Peterman folks.)

15. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

The new Marc Jacobs Bang. This one makes Gendarme seem ferocious in comparison. Silly print ad and completely over the top bottle for such a stealthy skin scent.

16. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Wearing By Kilian Back to Black today. Overpriced version of Costamor Tabacca

17. mkarim

mkarim Well-Known Member

Wearing By Kilian Back to Black today. Overpriced version of Costamor Tabacca

Anyone tried Gucci Pour Homme II or Gucci by Gucci? I'm trying to find something versatile (for office and evening wear) to complement my YSL Pour Homme, Bvlgari Aqua and Sexual.

18. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Anyone tried Gucci Pour Homme II or Gucci by Gucci? I'm trying to find something versatile (for office and evening wear) to complement my YSL Pour Homme, Bvlgari Aqua and Sexual.

I tried Gucci by Gucci and went away quite underwhelmed. Given that you have Bvlgari Aqua, I think you can do without it.

For office/daytime, I'd recommend you look at a vetiver: Guerlain, Givenchy, Carven.

For night, perhaps - depending on your preferences/weather, hmmm, I'm running out of ideas.

today: Back to the civilized/working/clean-shaven world. Aramis New West.

19. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

Gucci Pour Homme II is a perfect office fragrance. It has violet and black tea notes and it isn't overwhelming. Its actually one of my best fragrance. Gucci by Gucci is just blah

20. horndog

horndog Well-Known Member

Creed Himalaya.

Trying it in the office today and it seems suitable for a work environment. It's not bad, but it's nothing special, much like all the other Millesimes I've tried (GIT, SMW, Imperial). Good but lacking character.

Can anyone keen on Creeds explain why all the Millesimes smell pretty much the same? Or is it just me?