1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Terre d'hermes lasts all day on me.

I'm wearing Egoiste. I've been on a bit of a Bois des Iles/Egoiste kick lately. To me they're so similar as to be indistinguishable from a distance (I suppose Egoiste is a bit stronger) and I love them both.

2. TheShoeMaker

TheShoeMaker Well-Known Member

SOTD is Concentré de pamplemousse rose by Hermès. It is a bit edgy at first and the alcohol content is very present until it dries down. Now about 2 hours in it settles nicely and feels quite sophisticated. Delicately balanced between grapefruit, citrus, rose and something sweet that I cant put my finger on.. I didnt like this on the spray card but it will work nicely as a summer scent together with my bergamote's, neroli's and aquatics.

PS. Im really interested in tauer's fruitchouli in case someone wants to split a bottle.

1 person likes this.
  3. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Today I overcome my detestation of its bottle design and wore Bagiotti Roma Uomo. To me this is a great example of how design can let down a pretty good product; it's fugly, so I don't wear it nearly as much as I would if it came in a nicer bottle design. The scent itself is pleasant balsamic stuff.

4. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Today I'm wearing one of my first loves - Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree.

5. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

Today it's Hermes Eau de Merveilles - salty honeyed oranges. more of a textural experience than anything else. Nice and easy to wear but doesn't really quite feel like 'me'.

6. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

wearing lebreton's bois lumiere. for me, it sits exactly between the smell of beeswax and the smell of a carpeted bathroom, which is a thing i've unfortunately had to smell before. I had no idea these two smells were so alike. i love the idea of smelling like beeswax, and i'm fascinated, but no thanks.

7. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Yeah, that doesn't make me want to rush out and try it.

8. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Could be.

Where do you spray it?

I usually spray it on my wrists and that's where it seems to disappear quickly - I assume due to sweat / shirt sleeves.

9. jcman311

jcman311 Well-Known Member

Me too. I spray my chest/neck area. It seems to last longer in the heat for me. I almost reached for it today but instead went with Amouage Jubilation XXV.

10. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Tonight I'm wearing another first love - Tam Dao.

11. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Venetian Bergamot for my first night of this year's opera season. This was love at first smell for me.

12. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Costume National 21 today. Amber and vanilla, with a bit of milk; interesting combination. I liked the amber opening on a cold morning, and the drydown was quite pleasant through the day.

13. DeSense

DeSense Well-Known Member

Got Cuir Cannage in a duty free. Was't offered (distracted by how the SA couldn't manage to seal the duty free bag properly, I had to ask her to get another and do it again) and hence forgot to ask for samples. Kicking myself repeatedly since...

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  14. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Today I am wearing Rochas Lui.

15. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie. I thought I was all out of this, but I found my decant bottle with just about a drop left, so I finished it off. This is definitely one of my favorites.

1 person likes this.
  16. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

Demeter Banana Flambee today.

17. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Tonight I'm wearing Amouage Dia Man. A great scent to wear in the board room but not really appropriate to wear in the trading pits.

18. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

I'm also wearing Amouage today. For me it's Gold Woman, which is a bright, powdery aldehydic floral, very roughly in the style of Chanel No. 5.

19. crdb

crdb Well-Known Member

Creed Original Santal yesterday. Free sample. Not nice at all. Starts like soap, finishes like a discount fragrance section in a basement supermarket.

Anyway, ThePerfumedCourt is having a 17% sale all weekend. Does not seem to be a minimum order size...

20. crdb

crdb Well-Known Member

SOTD is Sultan Pasha's Ambrecuir (AC).

I've noted before that this exudes an insurmountable stench of Betadine. Mulling it over in my head, I decided it was because, on SP's wildly varying concentration/power scale, AC is right at the end in the "nuclear" range, with the likes of Pure Incense.

So I thought I'd give it another go. Grabbed a Q-tip, and scraped delicately the edge of the lid of the sample vial with the cotton bud end (imagine how little that is) then liberally spread whatever the cotton had picked up over my left wrist.

This time, I picked up three distinct notes - and they are still powerful, I can still detect the scent with my arm all the way down despite the minute quantity - which are animalics, leather and what I suspect is the amber (I'm not that well versed in the various ambers). There's also a slight almond note, but that could be just me making associations already...

Diluted like this, allowed to spread, the scent has a luxurious minimalist, modern quality to it; I'd say something like Mies' Barcelona Pavilion (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/The_Barcelona_Pavilion,_Barcelona,_2010.jpg). It's suddenly shot up my preference list, somewhere in the top 3 or 5, and its dryness (especially compared to the rest of the SP line) makes it, I think, appropriate for professional occasions.

Another reminder, too, to try lighter dosage before dismissing any SP attar.

Last edited: May 26, 2016